Not open for further replies.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi everyone.

Today I want to share with you another new anti-phishing extension: iGuard, avalaible for Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera.
iGuard is a free plugin, which can let you to avoid phishing links, while browsing.
These are the official informations:

Tired of mistyped internet addresses? Sick of phishing links that try to steal your accounts? Try our free easy-to-use iGuard plugin.

It automatically redirects you to the desired web site. Works fast, is 100% safe, and protects you from everyday threats.
You can always turn it off by clicking on its button.

Plugin checks every url in your address bar and if it's wrong or unsafe - redirects you to the safe web site. So, either you were cheated and forced to click on some fraud link OR you just hadn't enough coffee this morning and simply mistyped your desired url, our plugin is here to help and protect you.

In case you're afraid of your privacy, you can always read plugin code and check that it never sends anything anywhere. It checks the existing most used list of internet addresses and does it's job even offline.

Try it and you'll never regret it!

043b79c4b52678afa19867ee16073eb6_details_big.jpeg

Links to download and install the plugin:
Obviously this extension is avalaible also for all Firefox-based browsers and Chrome-based browsers.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
I have a question: How does it compare with built in anti-phising feature in some security suites and hopefully does not clash with them, or malware domains blocked by ad blockers, is it for people who dont have that feature in their config?does it complement or supplement?Sure needs a test.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

I have a question: How does it compare with built in anti-phising feature in some security suites and hopefully does not clash with them, or malware domains blocked by ad blockers, is it for people who dont have that feature in their config?does it complement or supplement?Sure needs a test.
Good question :)

Reactions: Rishi

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Yes, maybe sometimes there could be conflicts between the security suites and this extension, but if a site is not blocked by a security suite and instead iGuard identifies it as malicious, then the page is locked and you have an additional security. In any case, for me it's complement, but it's not sufficient have this extension to protect yourself against phishing, I just wanted to do a little review, but I think this extension is still to be improved a lot.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
not gonna install it right now, wanna see it gets tested through and maybe the dev could post some screenshots and share what database it uses? or has its own?

thanks for sharing though, its always nice to see new security tools being provided to users.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
not gonna install it right now, wanna see it gets tested through and maybe the dev could post some screenshots and share what database it uses? or has its own?

thanks for sharing though, its always nice to see new security tools being provided to users.
You are welcome.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.