16 GB RAM
256gb SSD + 1 TB HDD
Wifi, bluetooth, HDMI, DVD player/recorder

IkariGradius

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2019
First of, if my 2020 setup looks exactly like my 2019, well it's because i updated the 2019 one... just before it was sent to archives. Talk about wrong timing 😄

For 2020 I've stayed with my go to favorite security softwares, aiming for a good balance between protection and usability. I've got 3 PC at home, some which are used by my wife and son, who are well educated on online safety. Also for more convenience my 3 computers have exactly the same config when it comes to security softwares.

I know someone will at some point tell me i should use a backup software, but i simply don't like those as i almost never encounter issues and make a clean install should there be any problem.

I might change a few things during the year and will update should there be any changes.

Thanks for taking an interest on my setup and have a safe 2020 👍

IkariGradius

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2019
You don't need MWB Premium with EIS, I would keep it for on demand scans... You may also set UAC to Always Notify.

About Malwarebytes Premium, you're without a doubt right. I like the added layer of protection it offers, and it actually plays very nice with the AV when exclusions are properly set, but it's a ressource hog, have false positives and slows down browsing.

I actually mistakenly put Malwarebytes on the real time protection, but i'm only using it with all real time protection modules turned off and use the premium just for the automatic daily scan because i'm lazy 😛

Anyway I've changed my settings and put Malwarebytes Premium on the on demand tools.

Thanks a lot for your answer 😉

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.