App Review Ikarus Antivirus Prevention and Detection Test (safe1st)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
I tested Ikarus time ago, it was quite responsive with a few FP but currently they have to improve the engine and the modules.

Now its not that good tho.. Samples is 2-3 days old I think, some other malwares up to 6 days but even its up to 6 days old not all detected by Ikarus... :)

Great video:)

Ikarus is good but i don,t like that Pop-up for detection

Can you retest Quihoo 360 ts

Yes they need to change that. The pop-up detection
and yes sure! :D

L

LabZero

We consider, however, that it is not possible to judge the quality of a antivirus by running a single test.
A simple test can give some indication, but it must be tested in a real scenario. Ikarus is not upgraded from years and it is reasonable to think of an improvement but the judgement on the quality of the AV should not be never absolute.

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
We consider, however, that it is not possible to judge the quality of a antivirus by running a single test.
A simple test can give some indication, but it must be tested in a real scenario. Ikarus is not upgraded from years and it is reasonable to think of an improvement but the judgement on the quality of the AV should not be never absolute.

I just hope that they will improve it in next version :)

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Well.. This test was requested by someone... :)

scoob95

Level 1
Verified
Feb 1, 2016
@safe1st i know this suggestions are a little odd/weird

but i suggest/request ( I am not urging ) you two interesting test

EMSISOFT VS GDATA VS FSECURE VS TREND MICRO EPIC BEHAVIOR BLOCKER TEST

BITDEFENDER VS TREND WHO IS THE ULTIMATE PHISHING/URL CHAMPION

i would love battle tests from you

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
I cant send you a PM, you should PM me about that..

Blackhawk

Level 3
Verified
Jun 11, 2014
Yeah PM or post in the proper request forum or you will be scolded. :rolleyes: It's too convenient to post in this thread.

Reactions: safe1st
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.