Phone unlock
Security & Privacy Apps
Google Play Protect
Browser
Google Chrome
I

illumination

Thread author
Mainly used for calling and texting, and of course the one application I will not be without in this flood/tornado prone region, and that is Radarscope. I do not have any other apps on my phone, nor do I plan to install any. I do some light browsing when out and about when needing to research/look up something.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
how's the memory usage of SEPC Mobile? had to drop Norton Mobile cause of some serious numbers.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Last edited:
Reactions: upnorth

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I just installed it and It accepted my commercial license for Norton Mobile.
it's basically a Norton Mobile copy, will see the RAM usage soon. it lacks a lot of features tho.
Since when did RAM usage matter so much? What's more concerning is background CPU and Battery usage, if it kills the battery then it's not very good.

Most newer Android flagships come with an expected 4 GB of RAM or more.

Reactions: upnorth

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Since when did RAM usage matter so much? What's more concerning is background CPU and Battery usage, if it kills the battery then it's not very good.

Most newer Android flagships come with an expected 4 GB of RAM or more.
my poor Nexus 6 gets its 3 GB of RAM eaten alive, i'm just trying to make it useable till i replace it real soon.

Reactions: Ink and upnorth
I

illumination

Thread author
Removed: SEPC

Running default built in, nothing fancy, nothing special, it is not needed. I rarely look anything up with the browser, only have 2 apps besides the defaults of which mostly are disabled as i do not use them. The phone believe it or not, is actually used as a phone, to text or call, only using 1 app for weather "Radarscope", which is amazing if you have not checked it out, and "scanner radio" which i use to listen to storm spotters, fire emergencies ect.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I

illumination

Thread author
I personally use Chrome for it's autofill passwords, but here are two apps to check out.
No need to bog down Android with 3rd party junk cleaners, battery boosters, antivirus or fancy lockscreens. Keep is clean and simple. (y)
I have actually test drove Firefox Focus, not a full browser, but it is light and quick. I may very well install it again. Will look into Blokada... Thank you for the suggestions.

Clean and simple is exactly how i plan to keep it... :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.