Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Hi everyone, it's been a long time since our last release but it's finally ready! We've been heads down working on the FireAMP version of product for almost a year straight and in that time I'm sad to say we just haven't been able to give Immunet the attention it deserves. Well, no more! This release sync's Immunet up with our most current code base and fixes *tons* of bugs, adds numerous performance tweaks and enhancements, and updated virus scanning engines!

Please get it here:
http://download.immunet.com/push/immunet/ImmunetSetup.exe

Major Changes for 3.1.8 include:
*The "My Community" and "Notices" features have been removed from the UI. These became redundant long ago as we found a way for our Cloud Servers to ensure all users received the full protection of Immunet's global community of over 2 million users, rather than just the few immediate users most people had in their local communities.
*We're now "Immunet 3" instead of "Immunet 3.0". There are so many minor changes since our last major release that we've had to rev our version number.
*Full Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 support!
*New and improved versions of both the Tetra and Clam engines!
*Bug fixes for network related issues that would cause Net Bios name resolution failures, VPN connection failures, and BSOD’s.
*Bug fixes for XML locking issues.

We're especially happy about those last two as they've been causing 90% of the issues reported to us at support@immunet.com and through forum.immunet.com.

http://forum.immunet.com/index.php?/topic/2506-immunet-318-is-now-available/

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Does anyone know how long user submitted malware takes to be added to the Clam database, on average?

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
detection is not good for immunet free, i tested somedays ago on some malware packs from here, forgot to post though...

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
-Immunet Free Antivirus Version 3.1.8.9552:

This new version contains a mountain of bug fixes and some important Interface changes.

Release Notes:
-Operating System Support: Full Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 support!
-User Interface Changes: The "My Community" and "Notices" features have been removed from the UI. These became redundant long ago as we found a way for our Cloud Servers to ensure all users received the full protection of Immunet's global community of over 2 million users, rather than just the few immediate users most had in their local communities.
-User Interface Changes: We're now "Immunet 3" instead of "Immunet 3.0". There are so many minor changes since our last major release that we've had to rev our version number.
-Engine Changes: New and improved versions of both the TETRA and Clam engines!
-Bug Fixes: Network related issues that would cause Net Bios name resolution failures, VPN connection failures, and BSOD’s.
-Bug Fixes: XML locking issues with the configuration files.
-Bug Fixes: Many, many more!

http://forum.immunet.com/index.php?/topic/2431-immunet-release-notes/

Please note that ClamAV has been discontinued and replace by Immunet FREE Antivirus.

Download

Thanks. :D

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
By the way,
detection is not good for immunet free, i tested somedays ago on some malware packs from here, forgot to post though...
was it this new 3.1.8.9552 version? Or, has anyone tested this one?

Edit:
Nevermind, you said days ago, this changelog is from July. Thanks.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
it detected 42 only from >200 samples pack as i remember

Was this just an on-demand scan of the files in the folder or a real-time scan when you tried to run each sample?
Most cloud-base AV do a terrible job with on demand scans but still can block infections not detected by their on-demand scanner when the malicious processes load into the system's memory.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm questioning the effectiveness of the setting 'Blocking Mode'? If Enabled and the application has no rating, what happens, will it allow for installation or blocked? Anyone tested this mode?

upload_2014-1-14_21-15-59.png

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
no, didn't tried blocking mode, only triend on-demand scan.
BTW, anyone know what is ETHOS and SPERO cloud engine?? i enabled it, but detection rate didn't increased...

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
For on-demand scans Immunet Free only uses signature-based provided by ClamAV engine, the paid version also uses signature-based provided by BitDefender (Terta engine).

The Cloud detection engines only work as real-time detection when processes load into system memory.
So the only way the test most cloud-base AV's is to actually run the malware samples on a live testing system.
Even testing malware samples in a virtual environment will not get you accurate results, you have to use a real system designed for testing only.

Block mode is very similar to Avast's DeepScreen, it checks installers with both signature-based and Cloud engines before it allows them to install.

If block mode is disabled, then only the signature-base scan of the installer will be done. After the product is installed then it will scan with the Cloud engines.

Reactions: spywar and tapoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.