App Review Immunet Free 3.0 Prevention Test (MrITReviews)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Feedback is always appreciated. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Shorter intros are better. Immunet isn't something I would use, but thanks for a review.

PS: Fixed Youtube link.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
PS: Fixed Youtube link.

Don't know what happened there :s but I would use this either. Main reason for it as the AV is ClamWin. If the engine was something else then it might be different.

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Actually Immunet (Free) uses their own engines (in the cloud), these also have the signatures from ClamAV in the cloud. (Paid uses Bitdefender locally and Immunet cloud)
But you can choose to enable the Clam engine locally on your computer if you choose to, this will raise the protection somewhat I was told by Alfred, one of the founders of Immunet.
I hope this can clarify a bit.

/W

Robot_Z

Aug 14, 2012
Immunet was my secondary AV for a short while, but I couldn't get over how much malware it missed when I tested it, so I got rid of it and just use Avast now.

Thanks for the review.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
LoneGeek810 said:
Thank You for all your reviews

No problem, glad you like them :)

Robot_Z said:
Immunet was my secondary AV for a short while, but I couldn't get over how much malware it missed when I tested it, so I got rid of it and just use Avast now.

Thanks for the review.

Saw TAFE using it for a while, then they changed to Symantec Endpoint, also glad that you like them :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.