[In-VM] Immunet Protect Free v3 (Manzaitest)

Product name
Immunet Protect Free
Pros
  • + Beautiful interface
    + Detection on the URL good
    + Very light
CONS
- Detection on the pack bad
- No proactivity
- PC very infected

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Companion Antivirus: Immunet Free Antivirus, a free antivirus download, is compatible with existing antivirus products to help protect you better. Add an extra, lightweight layer of protection for free

I think immunet make good job as secondary opinion.

Reactions: nissimezra

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
This from the Immunet forum:
http://forum.immunet.com/index.php?/topic/2586-immunet-updated-to-version-31129665/
  • Staff Member
  • av-175.jpg
  • Moderators
  • staff.png
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationOil City, Pa. U.S.A.
Posted Yesterday, 08:16 PM

Your not the only one guys. I saw the update popup and clicked on it and it turned out to be a complete disaster! It did not install correctly. sfc.exe would not launch properly (see image) even after several reboots and trying cmd stop, start commands and it killed my internet too. I was getting an error message that my modem was not connected after the update. Tried rebooting several times. No luck there. Even tried System Restore with no change to the modem problem. Talk about weird! I unpluged my Ethernet cable from the PC and reset the modem and plugged the cable back in "after" a clean (not saving any of my previous settings) uninstall of Immunet. That solved the connectivity problem. What I had to do to get it to install properly was first go into the Program Files directory and completely delete both folders for Immunet and Immunet Protect. Then I manually ran the installer and got it to install ok then. That's the only way I could get this newest build to install with no problems after several unsucessful attempts and hours of trying to figure this out. It even accecpted my Plus license key after that. I did make a Support dump before uninstalling the last time so if you guys want that sent in let me know.

Last edited:
M

Manzai

Thread author
This from the Immunet forum:
  • Staff Member
  • av-175.jpg
  • Moderators
  • staff.png
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationOil City, Pa. U.S.A.
Posted Yesterday, 08:16 PM

Your not the only one guys. I saw the update popup and clicked on it and it turned out to be a complete disaster! It did not install correctly. sfc.exe would not launch properly (see image) even after several reboots and trying cmd stop, start commands and it killed my internet too. I was getting an error message that my modem was not connected after the update. Tried rebooting several times. No luck there. Even tried System Restore with no change to the modem problem. Talk about weird! I unpluged my Ethernet cable from the PC and reset the modem and plugged the cable back in "after" a clean (not saving any of my previous settings) uninstall of Immunet. That solved the connectivity problem. What I had to do to get it to install properly was first go into the Program Files directory and completely delete both folders for Immunet and Immunet Protect. Then I manually ran the installer and got it to install ok then. That's the only way I could get this newest build to install with no problems after several unsucessful attempts and hours of trying to figure this out. It even accecpted my Plus license key after that. I did make a Support dump before uninstalling the last time so if you guys want that sent in let me know.

Link please ?

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
thanks for test,:D but with clamwin av:confused: and there own cloud o_Oit sucks, o_O:eek: but with tetra:D its little bit somewhat :D:p

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
ClamAV is a good starting engine for low-budget new AV vendors. of course it can't compare with top notch engines.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.