Which browser are you using.

Reactions: user

Fabian Wosar

From Emsisoft
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
- Do a quick scans after the computer is infected with the anti-virus.
That would quite frankly be impossible. The njRAT server he created is set up to not actually infect the system. No persistence is established and the RAT is gone on reboot until he starts it again manually. Most likely the thread poster didn't think it was important. Well, it is. It is also important that the RAT connects to a foreign IP address. Otherwise some applications will assume TCP/IP is used for local inter process communication. However, since the RAT client is running outside of the VM I would assume that is already the case.

Anyways, I adjusted the EAM RAT behavior rules to also cover njRAT and other .NET based RATs even if they don't establish persistence on the system. The update should be available tomorrow via beta updates.

Jun 8, 2014
Except that behavior based detection won't care about crypters. Quite frankly adding a crypter will make it a lot more likely the file will trigger an alert in many cases :).
Yes thats very tre specially for Avast hehe but i noticed that if u install a FUD server with persistance the AV wont remove even when it detects it this only happened in Dark Comet though.

Reactions: nissimezra and user

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.