Incipient's configuration

incipient

Thread author
Feb 18, 2014
I am looking for a backup and restore software at the moment, this setup is planned for a new computer that i have build but still havent actually used, i tend to be very careful but i still torrent a lot so if theres a solution that protects from p2p sharing its greatly appreciated, im looking for FREE SOFTWARE.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
HTTPS Everywhere in Chrome

Windows 8/8.1 built in Security is very good.Windows Defender/Firewall,SmartScreen and UAC provide good protection.Using SBIE combined with that and some knowledge would provide some solid security.Third party protection is also great combined with SBIE.
There are many good AV's/Security Suites to choose from,whether you are going to use an AV only or Suite you should try them for yourself and see what works best for you and your machine.

Thanks for sharing your config :)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
That's why I posted my planned config, im looking for suggestions :)

@BoraMurdar which one of those do you recommend? i just want one that does it's job silently

if you want to create backups everyday of important files, Incremental Backups, EASEUS will work.
If you want to create backups of your system partition, and store it in case of disaster (creating bootable cd/usb/iso) then all three will work well, but If you ask me to pick one - Paragon BackUp & Recovery Free :)

incipient

Thread author
Feb 18, 2014
Im considering zemana antilogger because of how it allows me to block/allow harmful applications since i also have a 1 year llicense for it

incipient

Thread author
Feb 18, 2014
Removed zemana antilogger
Added Hitman pro for ondemand scanning
Still using Windows defender + firewall + UAC + Smartscreen
If there are any LIGHT improvements, its greatly appreciated..
Im currently having a look at winpatrol

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.