King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Is it safe really safe to use Incognito Mode of Chrome? Can my ISP still track my web browsing? Is it okay to use extensions when you're in Incognito Mode?

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
So, using a Proxy/VPN is the only way to hide your browsing in Incognito? Thanks bro!

Reactions: Logethica
Upvote 0

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Does anyone think DoNotTrackMe works as well as Zenmate or a VPN? I'd definately be a Tor newbie.:)

I use Chrome's incognito every time, and New Private Window on Firefox (when I remember).:rolleyes: Under Firefox options, I've chosen "Never remember history" for when I forget to do either.;)

Upvote 0

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
You've gone incognito. Pages that you view in incognito tabs won't stick around in your browser's history, cookie store or search history after you've closed all of your incognito tabs. Any files that you download or bookmarks that you create will be kept.

However, you aren't invisible. Going incognito doesn't hide your browsing from your employer, your Internet service provider, governments and other sophisticated attackers or the websites that you visit.

Learn more about incognito browsing.

Because Google Chrome does not control how extensions handle your personal data, all extensions have been disabled for incognito windows. You can re-enable them individually in the extensions manager.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Yeap, I'm using extensions while browsing in Incognito Mode. BTW I can't connect to the Internet using Tor.

Reactions: Logethica
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.