Solved Infected with Adware - REALLY hard to get rid of!

Note:

Now that I think about it, I probably could have also checked if it happened in Incognito Mode first before reinstalling Chrome, hah!
 
Sorry for the long delay - I have performed the Chrome sync Reset, but I still need a little more time to make sure that the problem is resolved now.
 
Everything looks good!

Thank you for all of your help; I really appreciate it!

For anyone else who might have possible adware on Chrome or Firefox - always keep an eye on your sync data! Luckily, it was a relatively easy fix, but be sure to back up any bookmarks or your history, write down the names of the extensions you use, then clear the sync data. You will also need to clean-reinstall the applications on all of your infected devices.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to help out with this. I wish you the best! :D
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top