Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Eset Internet Security(Heavily Tweaked)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Norton Power Eraser, Hitman Pro, Zemana.
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox - Violentmonkey(with YoutubeCenter script), Cookie AutoDelete, Privacy Possum, ScriptSafe, Decentraleyes, Google search link fix, uBlock Origin(with many additional filters).
Maintenance tools
Wise Care 365, SysHardener, BleachBit, PrivaZer, VeraCrypt.
File and Photo backup
Manual
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free

Inquisitive

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 4, 2017
My current configuration, I do regularly switch it up. However, that habit of mine seems to have disappeared for now. Both WinPatrol products are recent additions and work fantastic despite quite a few people saying not to get them. Everything works well together.

--Edits Made To Configuration--
*Removed WinPatrol WAR, for whatever reason its cpu usage is randomly spiking in massive amounts. I've attempted to narrow it down by closing everything I can(including kaspersky) yet it still does this even when the pc is idle. However, WinPatrol Plus still works fine.
*Removed WinPatrol Plus. After harlan's replies I've decided to reconsider and use better judgement. There's no point in using something that's not developed anymore. It's likely as time goes on this will only decrease stability and security.
*Added Zemana as a second opinion scanner. Made additional firefox tweaks, removed uMatrix due to bugs, added Privacy Possum and ScriptSafe.
*Removed Canvas Defender addon in favor of using the canvas fingerprint protection available in ScriptSafe.
*Removed Enhancer for Youtube and Tampermonkey. Replaced with Violentmonkey and YoutubeCenter script.
*Upgraded KIS 2018 to KIS 2019 TR
*Removed Kaspersky and Adguard. Added G Data Internet Security 2018 and uBlock Origin.
*Removed G Data. Added KIS 2019 back.
*Removed KIS 2019. Added Eset Internet Security.

Last edited:

Inquisitive

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 4, 2017
@Inquisitive: You don't need WinPatrol, WinPatrol WAR alongside KIS2018 in real-time protection if well tweaked...

Thanks for sharing :)

I usually stick with Kaspersky alone but I got quite attached to WinPatrol. I've gotten rid of WinPatrol WAR due to the reason explained above in my post. However, I'm probably going to stick with WinPatrol Plus as I like the startup monitoring.

Reactions: harlan4096

Inquisitive

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 4, 2017
I've decided to also remove WinPatrol Plus from my configuration after what harlan said. I'll avoid the future stability and security risk.

Reactions: harlan4096

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
All seems secure and another rare thing for me to say at first, good setup. Maybe add Zemana Anti-Malware as another second opinion scanner. Add Privacy Possum to Firefox & maybe Scriptsafe. Apart from these suggestions all is in tip top shape.

If you do add ScriptSafe tick the following in settings:
  • Block Canvas Font Access
  • Block Browser Plugin Enumeration
  • Block WebGL Fingerprint
  • Canvas Finger Protection set to "Random Readout"
  • Referrer Spoof set to "Same document"

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.