insanity's Security Config (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Very nice Configuration, but I would add a couple of on-demand scanners like Zemana Anti-Malware or Anti Keylogger+a Password Manager.
I would suggest LastPass there is both a free and paid version(10 us dollars a year).:)
I like very much that you have HitmanPro installed,it is a solid program,I also have HitmanPro Alert on my system,you can consider what I have written,if you like.:whistle:

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Hello. I'll not rate your configuration (you done no mistakes so I don't need to say something) but I can say you that you can update your Windows 10. Just go to Windows Update and perform the new update that comed this week. The newest build is 15063.632 ;)

EDIT: @carsten ibsen made a good suggestion. You should use a password manager. LastPass free will be enough. The paid version of LastPass doesn't gives you important features. (If you want to support LastPass then you should buy it ;))

Last edited:

insanity

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
@carsten ibsen I'm a bit old school when it comes to passwords, so I normally annotate or memorize, but I'll take your suggestion and try Lastpass as I heard good things about it. ;)
@askalan Downloading updates now. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: AlanOstaszewski

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@insanity: once You make those suggestions on Your system, please kindly post/announce them here in Your next message, also change/udpate Your config, and I'll change the status to Secure Config...

Reactions: JM Safe

insanity

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
Edit: 03/10/2017
Updated Windows to 15063.632 (thanks @askalan )
Added Zemana
Added Lastpass
Did a backup yesterday; will try to make it once a week.

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.