Advice Request Installed HitmanPro.Alert; doesn't seem to do anything.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuesswhatyourIT

Thread author
Jul 3, 2016
I recently installed HitmanPro.Alert as after reading about it it seemed like an excellent addition to my computer security rather than just having an anti-virus. However, I am wondering what it actually does at this point, as with it installed I tried downloading and installing a program and the program installed without issue. I tried downloading and extracting zip files; again nothing stopped me. Downloaded programs that will alter the registry and again no issues with executing these programs.

I have Hitman installed with the maximum protection setting. Have I done something wrong in the installation process? To me it just seems odd with what I have read about the program that it allows all of these actions without even a single warning. Or is it checking everything in the background and since it found no issue with these programs I downloaded it allowed them to run?

D

Deleted member 178

what you expect it to do? it is not an anti-exe or a HIPS or a Behavior Blocker alerting about softs installations or modifications... if you thought about that, you were misinformed.

HMPA is an anti-exploit, means you have to encounter an exploit, suspicious dll injection or similar.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
IM not sure if this is the right place to post this but do you have contact information for hitman pro. I have used there product since 2014 and am wanting to upgrade my license and need infor on how to upgrade to hit man pro ALERT. Thanks
I'm not sure if I understood your concern, but if you're asking how to "upgrade" HitmanPro to HitmanPro.Alert, then the answer is: If you have a valid license for HitmanPro, then that license can be used for HitmanPro.Alert. No need to buy or upgrade. Just use your existing license.

captdc

Nov 4, 2014
I'm not sure if I understood your concern, but if you're asking how to "upgrade" HitmanPro to HitmanPro.Alert, then the answer is: If you have a valid license for HitmanPro, then that license can be used for HitmanPro.Alert. No need to buy or upgrade. Just use your existing license.
do you know of any way to directly contact SURF RITE, the developers of Hit man pro. I cant find an email or phone contact for them,I find that to be very unusuall. I run Mcafee also on my pc and would like to know if that would be a conflict.

FrankS

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 22, 2015
do you know of any way to directly contact SURF RITE, the developers of Hit man pro. I cant find an email or phone contact for them,I find that to be very unusuall. I run Mcafee also on my pc and would like to know if that would be a conflict.
Well, if you would type down here which product (e.g. McAfee AntiVirus Plus) and which version of McAfee you're using, maybe anyone of this forum could give you the answer. Otherwise, if you want to contact Surfright, you can do it by sending a mail to info@surfright.nl

captdc

Nov 4, 2014
Well, if you would type down here which product (e.g. McAfee AntiVirus Plus) and which version of McAfee you're using, maybe anyone of this forum could give you the answer. Otherwise, if you want to contact Surfright, you can do it by sending a mail to info@surfright.nl
I am running McAfee multi access.
Iwent to the Surf right web site and downloaded the new version of Hitman pro alert and it recognizedmy 3 year license so I didn't have to pay any extra.
Also ran a full scan and now problem with my MCAFEE antivirus software.
By the way Surf Right was bought ought by a New Zealand high tec security company called Soros
Thanks for yourhelp

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Iwent to the Surf right web site and downloaded the new version of Hitman pro alert and it recognizedmy 3 year license so I didn't have to pay any extra.
By the way Surf Right was bought ought by a New Zealand high tec security company called Soros
Thanks for yourhelp
You mean Sophos. But they are still heavly working on hitmanpro alert. Sophos just get the technologie build into the enterprise versions for there av.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thanks for yourhelp
look in the HMP quarantine, maybe there are MCAFEE files in there, and you can restore them.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
screenshot_6.png

That support button I have highlighted Orange will suffice, it is located on the Hitman Pro Alert site found on google search. If not,
remember that Sophos now owns them so contacting Sophos support will get you directed correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.