Troubleshoot Installed wrong driver and can not boot?

simbatippe1234

Level 3
Thread author
Oct 14, 2021
Hi, I really got a problem, installed the wrong sata controller driver from AMD via auslogics driver updater and I have tried to reinstall windows but still it won't boot, I can still access recovery options, what can I do, please help me, I am writing this from my Huawei P30.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Hi, I really got a problem, installed the wrong sata controller driver from AMD via auslogics driver updater and I have tried to reinstall windows but still it won't boot, I can still access recovery options, what can I do, please help me, I am writing this from my Huawei P30.

Please tell here also what OS version, probably Windows 10 or the new released Windows 11 ?

You can try to follow official advice by Microsoft Support, link below:

Upvote 0

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
If you can access recovery options, can you bootup in safe mode and then deleted the installed driver?

If you using Windows 7 I think there was an option to use last known good configuration or a similar option.

Upvote 0

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
create a bootable windows os USB drive using rufus, boot from it, you can either reinstall with new partitions or fix the existing one from options. You should always keep a bootable windows, Linux and a recovery drive with you for these kind of situations.

Reactions: silversurfer
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.