Troubleshoot Installing the video card does not see the BIOS or the Widnows square display.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hi, my motherboard is ASRock H110M-HDV R 3.0. When I install it the GT-710 will stop seeing the BIOS screen and the Windows square. If someone can help me very grateful in advance. Best regards.

Reactions: upnorth

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I'll throw out a few pointers...

If your unlucky the GT-710 can be faulty but as it seam to be compatible with the motherboard from checking the specifications I would suggest three things. ( sad it dosen't have a fan as then we would atleast know it has power )
  1. Turn the PC off and remove the power cord. Press the power button once to get rid of any left overs.
  2. Remove the card and place it back and start the pc again and see what happens.
  3. Still no signal/view test connect the monitor to each and every one of the three connecters if possible. VGA, HDMI and Dual Link DVI-D.
S9bBPETT_o.png

Upvote 0

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I'll throw out a few pointers...

If your unlucky the GT-710 can be faulty but as it seam to be compatible with the motherboard from checking the specifications I would suggest three things. ( sad it dosen't have a fan as then we would atleast know it has power )
  1. Turn the PC off and remove the power cord. Press the power button once to get rid of any left overs.
  2. Remove the card and place it back and start the pc again and see what happens.
  3. Still no signal/view test connect the monitor to each and every one of the three connecters if possible. HDMI, Dual Link DVI-D and VGA.
S9bBPETT_o.png
I agree. Please @Emanuel Tomasin try to power off your system, unplug your system (safely), once you confirmed that your computer is unplugged hold down the power button to enure all of the power is drained out, take out the card (carefully), make sure there isn't any dust that may be obstructing anything, and put the card back in. From there once again drain the power in the unit by holding down the power button on your computer (while it is unplugged). Only then do you plug it in. I'd wait a few second and hit the power button.

Make sure your power supply has enough juice in it to power this on too. If not, it may not be able to spin it up correctly. However, it shouldn't take much wattage!

Full specs if I'm looking at this correctly can be found here: GeForce GT 710 Graphics Card

As @upnorth has mentioned I'd try all of the other displays to make sure it is not a disply issue. I'd also check to see if you can swap out monitors with other known good monitors too. This way you can rule out a monitor. Test the cables to ensure that the cables are in good working order too.

Let us know how this goes! While it is very uncommon to get bad GPU right out of the box it could be possible.

Brian

******Recommendation please be sure to not get too much static in your case. Use the recommended ways to keep ESD from affecting your computer. Wear an ESD strap if needed. ****

EDIT:

Make sure your BIOS can support this card. If there is an update I'd look at this too. I cannot recommend an update to the BIOS though without knowing everything about the computer. Please double check with your manufacture's website for the motherboard to see if this card is supported. I have seen it in the past that the BIOS is so old it will not recognize some stuff.

EDIT 2:

I don't see it supported according to this website, but it could be wrong or I could be looking at it wrong: Nvidia GeForce GT 710 GPU Compatible PC Motherboards

Select your manufacture and look for your motherboard. Sadly, I didn't see it listed...However, this doesn't mean it isn't supported.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Thank you very much friends. Then the video card is not compatible with my motherboard. I'll have to buy a new video card. You can mark this topic as being solved. Thanks a lot. Best regards.

Reactions: upnorth
Upvote 0

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Then the video card is not compatible with my motherboard. I'll have to buy a new video card.

IMO that does NOT have to be the case. Just because the motherboard with it's 100% exact numbers and letters is not on that list it's not the same that it's not compatible. Quote : " Note: please treat this list as a guide; while we strive to maintain accuracy for all our components we cannot guarantee that our data is 100% accurate. "

Source : Nvidia GeForce GT 710 GPU Compatible PC Motherboards

This issue can still be solved IMO!

I did'nt see that the motherboard has builtin grafics. If you get a signal/view with any of those 3 ( 2, 10 and 9 in image below. ) connecters the basic is covered and it's not anything wrong with your motherboard or monitor. Please try and use that first before you plug in the GT-710. It's very essential and perhaps already done but it's anyones guess as we simply don't know.

c7pphxFz_o.png

The below instructions are 100% done at Your own risk! Do Not fiddle or play around with any other settings in the UEFI SETUP UTILITY as that could if unlucky render your pc bricked/destroyed. If unsure I strongly suggest you let a genuine professional do this localy on your pc.

That sayed please read the manual ( english version ) for the motherboard found here : ASRock > H110M-HDV on page 48 stated, Quote : " IGPU Multi-Monitor Select disable to disable the integrated graphics when an external graphics card is installed. ".

Plain and simple as I mention in this post you have to start with the motherboards builtin grafic first. Then enter the UEFI SETUP UTILITY as explained on page 33 in the manual. Follow the instructions on page 48 and choose " disable " and save the settings! Install/plug in the GT-710.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
It's coming from factory disabled. Thank you very much friend. Best regards.

Makes me wonder how your able to use the builtin grafics but guess that's some other automatic settings I missed out on. Hope you find a external grafic card that works with your motherboard. (y)

Reactions: eonline
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.