Troubleshoot instup.exe concerns

tallorder

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
None. Just wondering why that was suddenly on task manager.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Have taken no scans, only located and downloaded a picture of what it is, and contents.
This is what was in this download, that has me concerned:
upload_2015-3-20_5-48-49.png

tallorder

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
I have Avast! currently on here, but what does it mean: the mutex is signaled. We are owners of the mutex. Is this just updating? Have never by chance seen this type of file before, but have never watched task manager as closely as I do now!

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Upvote 0

tallorder

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Thanks, jamescv7!! Went to the links you provided: since it came off quickly enough, may have been an update in process. Will go to Avast forum again later and as long as it normally says: we are owners of the mutex, as at 09:44:36 of log file pic, all will be fine. Thanks so much!

Reactions: jamescv7
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.