Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
What is SDExplorer?
Looking for a fast and convenient way to work with your files stored using Microsoft's SkyDrive™ service?
You're on the right track!
SDExplorer is a free, easy-to-use, but very powerful extension for Windows Explorer. With SDExplorer you can perform all everyday operations with your documents on Microsoft Live SkyDrive™ using Windows Explorer, as if they were on your computer itself.
Moreover, you don't need to install and configure any additional programs or ActiveX components. SDExplorer will take care of communicating with the online storage all by itself.
Windows SkyDrive offers 25 GB of free online storage for your data, and SDExplorer is a simple and convenient way to use them!
Why do you need SDExplorer
  • If you want to make your work with SkyDrive™ more efficient;
  • If you are tired of the inconvenient and complex web interface for Microsoft Live SkyDrive™.
  • If you want to work with your cloud storage files quickly;
  • If you want the data on your SkyDrive™ account to always be at your fingertips.
Available Editions
SDExplorer is available in the following two editions:
  1. Base
    Using the Base edition, you can perform all common operations on Microsoft's SkyDrive™ service. Most general functions with files and folders used by all users are available in SDExplorer Base.
  2. Advanced
    If you're interested in less-common or unique features that are not available even from the SkyDrive web interface, you'll be sure to need this edition.

Features

SDExplorer allows bulk operations with files and folders. Such functionality is not available through a web browser. This increases the speed with which you can work on SkyDrive™.
Examples of bulk operations are:

• Renaming objects;
  • Deleting objects;
  • Copying folders with files and subfolders;
  • Changing folder share types.

What's SkyDrive? - link
You can find more details about this product here.

Download SDExplorer

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
SkyDrive looks like a nice service, I never have used it before and really don't have a need to use it.
25 GB of free online storage is a lot for a free service because I'm sure some users will benefit from using it.

Thanks.:D

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
I may use this in the future if needed.

My new computer came installed with HP CloudDrive that gives me 2GB of free storage :)

Thanks tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.