Not open for further replies.

toto

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 15, 2014
Hi everyone,
I'm looking to buy a new laptop which I will be using mostly for study purposes. Apps like office, web surfing and other everyday stuff. I wanted to ask you is the intel i3 3217U a good daily driver for normal usage of laptop (no hard gaming) and is it worth it ?
Thank You!
(sorry for my bad english)

S

SkyJP

For casual usage, yes it is enough.

But, the newest laptops current hold 6th/5th gen i3 processors, so your 3rd generation i3 can be slower but also less energy efficient.

I would recommend going for at least a 5th generation i3, so you'll end up with longer battery life on your laptop, but also the improved8th/9th generation Intel HD Graphics, which is now more than enough for normal laptop usage.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Why not Core M ultrabook? I'm using ASUS UX305 ultrabook. Specs wise I believe suits to your requirement with a good price. So far I have no issue in terms of battery usage since Core M uses low power comsumption, and hence very low heat generation.

You may wish to seek more info from the ASUS website for more information.
IN any case there are alot of good choice ultrabook to be used at affordable price.

Reactions: toto
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.