Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Intel this week announced plans [PDF] to discontinue its higher-end 11th Generation Core 'Rocket Lake' processors, which are made using its 14nm-class process technology. The CPUs will still be available to Intel's partners for a while, but their days are now numbered. Intel also said it will phase out its 400 and 500-series chipsets for processors in LGA1200 packaging.

Intel advised its partners to place their final orders on 11th Generation Core i5, Core i7, Core i9, and corresponding Xeon W-series processors, as well as select 400 and 500-series chipsets for LGA1200 platforms by August 25, 2023. The final CPUs and chipsets will be shipped by February 23, 2024. The company will keep Rocket Lake-based Xeon E-series CPUs for embedded applications around for longer, but the bulk of Rocket Lake processors will be discontinued by next year.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.