Solved Interesting BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I had a BSOD for the first time in several months. I used to get them every time Adobe would try to update (Adobe update always started immediately after reboot). Today I got one that said "Kernel Stack in Page Error". I have never seen that before. I was signed in to Pandora at the time so it is no surprise. My computer never works quite the same while I am connected to Pandora radio. Besides that, I think Threatfire was trying to notify me of an update just as HitMan Pro was scanning. I believe those two conflicted. The reason I say that is TFMon was the last thing to run almost at the exact time of the BSOD per [event viewer > system]. Yahoo mail is also kind of trippy too because I use Opera for Email.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Yes. I have one set from a couple of days ago and another from about a week ago, besides the ones that Windows automatically creates. I am not too worried about it though. If it happens again, I will utilize a restore point. Until then, I will assume it is just an anomaly of some sort. My guess is that it is a software conflict, not hardware.

I did recently switch to my rear audio port due to a short in the front audio jack. I was wiggling the headphone prong around in the female end in order to get proper stereo sound/volume of the port a couple of weeks ago, and it tripped the power supply, and the computer logged off on its own. So I figured I better not use it anymore. :)

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
ZOU1 said:
Yes. I have one set from a couple of days ago and another from about a week ago, besides the ones that Windows automatically creates. I am not too worried about it though. If it happens again, I will utilize a restore point. Until then, I will assume it is just an anomaly of some sort. My guess is that it is a software conflict, not hardware.

I did recently switch to my rear audio port due to a short in the front audio jack. I was wiggling the headphone prong around in the female end of the port a couple of weeks ago and it tripped the power supply, and the computer logged off on its own. So I figured I better not use it anymore. :)

I see. Well it might be then what you said. Thought that a restore point or a backup might of helped.

Upvote 0

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I left the computer as soon as I started HitMan and came back to the BSOD an hour later. "In-page" makes me think PANDORA. That could be "false logic" on my part though. hahaha

What I have heard several times before is that Pandora causes quite a few PC's out there to act sluggish or odd; whether it is directly a result of Pandora Radio, or it is an internal PC symptom caused by something Pandora Radio requires, on my end, that may not be functioning quite right.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.