Interesting Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
Stumbled upon these sets of reviews while I was hunting for some info on some products:

Free solutions:
Source

Paid solutions:
Source

Can't say I don't agree with some of the reviewer's points on both categories, because I do.

Nevertheless interesting reading. Just hoped some 2013 versions were reviewed instead.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Thanks Biozfear for share,but I personally did not agree with this review and reason are many.2 of them which i point out here:
1...They give avast 8/10 in features which is low in compare with almost all tested product except mse,I doubt avast in features score low then others

2...They give panda 10/10 in ease of use and that is just a joke

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I agree Panda is a great product sometimes totally ignored by the community in favor of "big names"

:eek:fftopic:

Biozfear, you thread won my 6000th posts :D

P

Plexx

Thread author
Stranger said:
Thanks Biozfear for share,but I personally did not agree with this review and reason are many.2 of them which i point out here:
1...They give avast 8/10 in features which is low in compare with almost all tested product except mse,I doubt avast in features score low then others

2...They give panda 10/10 in ease of use and that is just a joke

One issue that happens on any review, regardless if it is a game or a software etc, is the grading system. Such grading system based on a set number, i.e 1 to 5 or 1 to 10 or 1 to 20 etc, these are all imaginary numbers.

What is interesting in any of the reviews from the site I posted were the actual facts and text. I did not at any stage paid attention to the grading system as it is transparent, at least for me.

As for Panda, I am sorry but will have to disagree with you. Panda is indeed one of the vendors with is more user friendly and easy to use than any other vendor.

Sure it lacks some customization but that in turn favors the easy to use/user friendly etc.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
As for Panda, I am sorry but will have to disagree with you. Panda is indeed one of the vendors with is more user friendly and easy to use than any other vendor.

Sure it lacks some customization but that in turn favors the easy to use/user friendly etc.

doesn't mean that panda is un-friendly but 10 out 10 is quite unbelievable

P

Plexx

Thread author
Stranger said:

doesn't mean that panda is un-friendly but 10 out 10 is quite unbelievable

It is just numbers for me, as I mentioned on my post:)

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
9/10 or 9.5/10 is just number for me but 10/10 is suggestion and unbeatable product

P

Plexx

Thread author
Stranger said:
9/10 or 9.5/10 is just number for me but 10/10 is suggestion and unbeatable product

The thing is no product is perfect, so 10/10 does not mean much at all. It is all a scale that is fictitious and used by the reviewer. Also 10/10 is a suggestion sure but not pointing the gun at the reader to use it. Anyone who reads reviews should draw their own conclusions and not simply follow letter by letter what is said/done.

What one should actually get out of the grade given is the reasons behind such grade and that is what made some of the reviews interesting as good points were brought up.

If you think 10/10 is bad, then try looking at games reviews of 85/100 when the game is not even close to be playable (a pc port for example) etc. Yet some reasons behind the grading given are valid or interesting.

When it comes to reviews, if they contain a grading, you will need to read between the lines and understand the reasoning behind it and not focus on the actual grade given.

Anyone giving grades will have biased opinions. That is the human nature. Been like that for ages and it is not going to change anytime soon.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I totally agree with Bioz, i didn't even paid attention to the numbers, only to just that was wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.