Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuttus

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Microsoft has officially released a preview version of Internet Explorer for Windows 7 that allows users of this operating system to get a taste of Microsoft's Latest Browser.

While this is supposed to work pretty smoothly on all Windows 7 workstations, keep in mind that it’s only a preview version, so bugs and glitches are very likely to be experienced.

Microsoft is yet to announce the official release date for the full product, but sources familiar with the matter have hinted that such a build could come in early 2013.

In the meantime, however, Internet Explorer 10 is exclusively available for Windows 8 users, as the browser comes as the default choice in Microsoft’s latest operating system.

Download Link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-10/worldwide-languages

Internet Explorer 10

Fast and fluid
Built to take advantage of the full power of Windows 8 and Windows RT,Internet Explorer 10 starts and loads sites almost instantly. It brings a fluid responsiveness to the web that feels totally new. Everything you want to do on the web is a swipe, tap, or click away.

Easy
Smooth, intuitive controls work just as you'd expect. One Box is both address and search bar for speedier navigation. Pin your favorite sites to your Start screen and get to them as quickly as you access your apps.

Perfect for touch
Truly full-screen browsing: Navigation controls appear only when you need them and quietly get out of the way when you don’t. Internet Explorer 10 lets you flip ahead or back through your websites with the flick of a finger. Tiles and tabs for frequently visited sites are oversized for easy tapping

Safer and more private
Help keep your PC and your information safer on the web with the industry-leadingSmartScreen technology that helps protect against socially-engineered malware. Privacy tools like Do Not Track are built-in and can be turned on in one click.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Any updates for IE 64-bit? (Not that I use it).

I

illumination

Earth said:

Im running it right now on my production machine "windows 7 home 64 bit".
Upon install it asked for the operating system, of course i chose win7 64bit, but after restart, i went into the start menu/all programs to find my 64 bit of IE is now gone and only one Internet Explorer shortcut. I opened IE 10 went to the "about IE" and it appears to be only 32bit. Other then a option to "add site to start menu" in the "tools" drop down menu, the only other noticeable changes i have found this far, has been performance improvements. It is rendering pages much faster then IE9 and scrolling is much quicker.. Other then this, im really not impressed at all..

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
But "Add site to Start Menu" is present in the current IE9.

Thanks for the info regarding IE 64-bit.

Coffeeman

Level 3
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
My guess is that, even with IE9, Microsoft did a good job re-inventing their browser. I've downloaded IE10, an currently testing it, too bad that MS doesn't have a very good app development and promoting platform, like Google's Web store.
In other news, IE10 is running well and it has become very...hmmm fluid?

I

illumination

kuttus said:
Earth said:

From this same link we can download the 64bit also......

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-10/worldwide-languages

http://123pcworld.com/MalwareTips/ie10.JPG

In my post above i state i chose this option, i was assuming it would provide both 32bit and 64bit choosing this option, I would also assume in the "about" section it would tell me if it was 32 bit or 64bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.