Advice Request Internet Noise Filter

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenosky

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 15, 2014
A friend on Facebook shared a post from uberfacts. It says:
On March 28th, 2017 Congress passed a law making it legal for your Internet Service Providers (ISP) to track and sell your personal activity online. Meaning the things you search for, buy, read, and say can be collected by corporations and possibly be used against you. Internet Noise is a site that will passively load random sites in browser tabs that you can leave running to fill their databases with 'noise'.

Now this seems suspiciously like a passive aggressive scare tactic to get people to download something that might be adware or something malicious to their computer and actually steal their information. Any insight on this so called filter?

ravenosky

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 15, 2014
I don't really care myself. I just want to know about the site UberFacts is apparently trying to promote. Is this legit or is it a possible malware that people who follow this page on Facebook and believe it all will ultimately be actively adding to their computer.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I don't really care myself. I just want to know about the site UberFacts is apparently trying to promote. Is this legit or is it a possible malware that people who follow this page on Facebook and believe it all will ultimately be actively adding to their computer.
It's a website not a program so it's definitely not malware and the site itself is safe. It could in theory open an infected webpage but it's highly unlikely. It could also [in theory] open a string of searches that could get you flagged for monitoring by your government but that's also extremely unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.