Battle Internet search engine Yahoo or Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Internet search engine Yahoo or Google.

Which of these search engines you prefer and why?

I prefer Yahoo search engine, because I hate quick search on Google and when it displays the results as you type.

In Firefox I use no script at Google.pl.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I get better results with Google than Yahoo, but more fair results when using Google through DuckDuckGo.

Plus I like the Google / DDGo layout.

jota13

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Earth, you're right in Google are better results but I hate search mechanism in Google.

Sometimes I use Google search engine but I prefer Yahoo.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
jota13 said:
because I hate quick search on Google and when it displays the results as you type.

I take it you're talking about Google Instant? If so. This can be disabled by going into your Google Account Settings > Search Settings :)

Zx0wI.png

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
jota13 said:
MrXidus , thanks for the advice but I removed my account on Google.

That's not a problem at all.

You can still use Google without Instant enabled even if you don't have an account. Use the URLS below.

Instant Disabled / Search Suggestions Disabled | https://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0

Instant Disabled / Search Suggestions Enabled | https://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1

If you wish to use Google.pl with the above URLS, Only https://www.google.pl/webhp?complete=0 will work. =1 does not seem to work for me.

Feel free to give it ago. :)

McLovin

Level 78
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Why would you pick Yahoo? Do you see people going "I don't know what that means, so let's Yahoo it!", it's better and has better results with "I don't know what that means, so let's Google it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Of course Google due to their better search engine algorithms and indexed of search results. It doesn't let me down since before.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I also prefer Yahoo because Google has way too many duplicate results that lead to the exact same sites.

When I'm looking for something in particular with quotations " ", Yahoo always gives me better results.

There is not nothing I can find using Yahoo.
Google has more content but most of it is just duplicates.

I also like how your can personalize your "My Yahoo" page.

Thanks.:D

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Using Google... mainly because it really finds what I need and with the most relevance. I also like the fact that they are also listing video and image results for a query if available.
I've tried Bing for a few days and the results where disappointing to say the least..
As for Yahoo search... I've used this search engine only a few times...... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.