Battle Internet Security for Online banking Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Hi,
I have asked you few question before about my friend computer.He had one more query.
He do online banking work and he want to buy a security suite for him
Please suggest one:

He have windows 7 pro 32 bit on his pc and using avast free and mbam free but now he want to buy security suite as he feel unsafe with free setup :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
By the time you've downloaded, installed and updated Ubuntu, you could have made 3 online banking payments.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Earth said:
By the time you've downloaded, installed and updated Ubuntu, you could have made 3 online banking payments.

true, but it's a a one time thing it could be used for future transactions as well not to mention a new OS experience.

R

rocky

We are using Win.7 32 with Defensewall and Shadow Defender. That is mixing banking and small kids playing games. I have alot of confidence in this setup ,but it has to be setup on a clean system.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You don't need a special security setup for online banking.
Just a basic free antivirus and Windows Firewall is sufficient.

I have been doing online banking for many years and never had a problem.

As long as you always make sure that you are on your banking sites correct address and use a secure password manager like LastPass or Roboform that encrypts your log on info, so if you happen to get a keylogger malware it can't detect what the password manager fills in.

If you have to manually log on to your banking site, use a virtual keyboard, they are free ones available. Keylogging malware can't detect the keys entered by a virtual keyboard.

Most web browsers today already have phishing protection, but it doesn't always detect everything.

The best protection is manually checking the url address and making sure that it is your online banking site.

The major form of identify theft is fake online banking sites, keep your online banking site bookmarked for easy access and never click any other links claiming to be your banking site.

Enjoy!!:D

This pretty much sums up it up.I have used many AV's & Suites over the years.I use Emsisoft Internet Security Pack on my banking PC's but I have all my important sites such as banking,paypal ect. bookmarked and all passwords secured with LastPass.I have been online banking forever without any problems.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Kaspersky has a very good "Safe money" technology!

A good read concerning "banking protection" conducted by MRG Effitas:

skrin

Source and pdf:
http://www.mrg-effitas.com/mrg-effi...-browser-security-assessment-project-q2-2013/

Reactions: Exterminator

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
The MRG Effitas Online Banking Browser Security Certification for Q2 2013 is awarded to the following
products:

avast! Internet Security 8.0

BitDefender Internet Security 2013

SoftSphere DefenseWall 3.22

Emsisoft
Anti
-
Malware 8.0

Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

Quarri Protect on Q 3.2

Trusteer Rapport 1208.34

Webroot SecureAnywhere 8.02

Zemana AntiLogger 1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.