Battle Internet Security Suite for Windows 10

H.Anti

Thread author
Dec 31, 2015
Hello all.

I am looking to buy an internet security suite that is suitable for Windows 10 64 bit. Ideally, it would be feature rich and not overly dependant on the cloud but my priority is security. I do not mind configuring the suite but I would rather not be in the situation where a misconfiguration has a significant impact on security.

I am interested in Kaspersky but I understand that it had issues with both Windows 10 and 64 bit operating systems. Is this still the case?

Please post any recommendations you may have.

Thanks.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
You cant go wrong with Kaspersky, it is a rock solid security suite.
About the Windows 10 (64 bits) problems, almost all security software has limitations, but the others vendors simple dont disclosure.

I know that Emsisoft has little to none limitations in 64 bits, it could be a good choice for you too.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Hello all.

I am looking to buy an internet security suite that is suitable for Windows 10 64 bit. Ideally, it would be feature rich and not overly dependant on the cloud but my priority is security. I do not mind configuring the suite but I would rather not be in the situation where a misconfiguration has a significant impact on security.

I am interested in Kaspersky but I understand that it had issues with both Windows 10 and 64 bit operating systems. Is this still the case?

Please post any recommendations you may have.

Thanks.

Comodo Internet Security
Avast! Internet Security
Kaspersky Internet Security
ESET Smart Security

I guess these four (that I know of) fulfill your requirements (highlighted in Green).

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
ESET Smart Security and Kaspersky Total Security

Both are feature rich and do not have dependency on cloud signatures. Both can be configured or used right out of the box.

Kaspersky used to have problems with windows 10 but I think it has since been fixed by many updates that the team has issued throughout the months.

Both have excellent signatures and come with their own firewall for a robust protection.

I would say that ESET is slightly lighter than Kaspersky when it comes to using resources but it has been a long time since I have used Kaspersky on my system so I cannot be the judge of that.

Both AVs allow for disinfection of the file to be done first before deleting the entire fill if it does not work.

It's really up to you to choose how much you are willing to spend on your security, I think Kaspersky products are more expensive than ESET's.

H

hjlbx

Problem is not 64-bit.

Problem is W10.

Security soft vendors are still trying to work out their issues with W10.

At this very moment, best 64-bit options I have been able to find are:
  • Comodo Internet Security (freeware)
  • Emsisoft Internet Security (paid)
Either one will provide good base-line security... and that should be your goal => good base-line security for reasonable, typical daily use.

Your objective should not be some kind of super-anti-NSA configuration - which will lead to nothing but problems.

N

NOLF92

Kaspersky works wonders as it doesn't really require all that much customization. Set it to the highest settings and leave it be. However, Comodo Internet Security is also great if you're willing to go the extra mile in customization. It all comes down to personal preference, really.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello all.

Ideally, it would be feature rich and not overly dependant on the cloud but my priority is security.

Bitdefender IS, ESET Smart Security or Avast IS.

They use cloud for other reference but not totally rely on that case, rather secondary components like AVC (Bitdefender's BB) or HIPS (ESET SS) or Sandbox, Hardened Mode of Avast can help and increase the overall protection capabilities when signatures are bypass.

Rajat

Level 2
Verified
Oct 20, 2015
The only reason not for going with Kaspersky is its incompatibility with Sandboxie. Although new version is awesome. It is light & consists some new features. I suggest you to change few settings in Application Control for better zero day protection.

Reactions: harlan4096

H.Anti

Thread author
Dec 31, 2015
Thank you all for your suggestions.

Based on the information in this thread and the licensing options, I am learning towards Kaspersky Total Security. Regarding the Windows 10 limitations, how much of an actual impact is there to security? For example, I assume it is still better than a free antivirus alternative?

Finally, I was wondering if you were allowed to use Kaspersky Total Security on commercial PCs? I have looked around but I cannot find any information relating to commercial use.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.