Internet Security Survey 2013 Released [By AV-Comparatives.org]

Akash209

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Hello friends,

Internet Security Survey 2013 (Dec 2012-March 2013) released...

Get the PDF from :link: LINK FOR AV_COMPARATIVES :link:

I saw the Antivirus Ranks, and I truly satisfied. :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Look at Q10 then Q9, most want High Detection rates, but the majority don't report either FP or missed malware. :rolleyes:

IMO, low impact on system peformance is more important that high detection rates.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Reviews on Youtube, let's say that from its survey is a fact as you need to make another conclusion before satisfied it and even samples used by all AV managed to prevent thus became equalize result.

Those worst detection by other AV's managed to top ahead with others.

However in the on demand scanning it really differs and rarely they could tie it.

Akash209

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2013
And Top 15 Av R:

1.Avast
2.Kaspersky
3.Bitdefender
4. AVG
5. Avira
6. Symantec
7. Microsoft
8. ESET
9. F-Secure
10. TrendMicro
11. McAfee
12. Panda
13. G Data
14. BullGuard
15. Sophos

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
7. Which anti-malware security solution are you currently using?

" Please note that Australia/Oceania and Africa are not shown, as there were not enough responses to produce a significant result."

What a bummer!

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
IMHO:

Suite:

1. ESET
2. CIS
3. F-Secure

AV:

1. Ikarus or G-Data
2. Avira
3. Avast

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Please note that this is a IT Security Survey, it doesn't apply to home users.

Internet for business and private communication, public services and entertainment

That is why the majority in this survey still use paid Internet Security Suites.

If this was a survey for home users the results would be much different since free antivirus have the largest market share for home users.

Unless you are running a company, business or services this survey might have a meaning otherwise if you are a home users it means nothing.

This survey is very deceptive unless you read the full pdf report.

Thanks.:D

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Please note that this is a IT Security Survey, it doesn't apply to home users.

I blew through it all so fast; I like graphs and charts so much that I forgot to get the essence as you did. lol

IMHO stands for: "in my humble opinion"

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.