Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Product name: Malwarebytes Secure Backup BETA
Home Page: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/securebackup/#overview

Malwarebytes announced Malwarebytes Secure Backup BETA, a online back utility developed with SOS Online Backup.

Once you open Malwarebytes Secure Backup, it'll automatically start a scan to help you back up pictures, videos, music, and documents.

The product is currently beta and Malwarebytes is offering 5 GB trials that are valid for 14 days. After that, you can upgrade to 100, 200, or 500 GB packages.

Malwarebytes said:
Malwarebytes Secure Backup BETA:

• Backs up your files to a secure cloud server
  • Scans files automatically with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware*
  • Shares only malware-free files with your friends
  • Manages backups and restores from any web browser

Get the only online backup that protects your files against malware

Your hard drive crashes. You hit “Save” without thinking and an important version is overwritten and lost forever. Someone accidentally deletes all the wedding pics. You restore an infected file to your new computer and end up having to start all over again.

Stuff happens.

Having a backup is a good idea. Having a backup that you can be confident is completely free of malware is a better idea.

Malwarebytes Secure Backup automatically backs up your important documents, music, photos, and videos to our state-of-the-art online data center. And these files are transmitted using military-grade encryption for complete safety.

But before Malwarebytes Secure Backup uploads a file, it scans the file for malware using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. So now you can confidently save files that you know are clean. And you can share these clean files with friends by simply sending URL links to the files stored at our data centers.

Unlike other backup services, Malwarebytes Secure Backup won't allow you to back up, restore, or share infected files or malware. It's just a good idea...made better.

Screenshots :

1-trial.png

2-login.png

3-homescreen.png

4-restore.png

5-advanced.png

6-backup.png

8-backup3.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Malwarebytes gets 25% commission on every sale, correct? - My mistake, that's for affilates.
http://www.sosonlinebackup.com/index.htm

Edit: Does MBAM need to be downloaded separately for the backup to work, or does it not matter?

thetechguy

Level 1
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
Looks great to me. MBAM is getting better all the time. I don't know of a piece of malware that it misses. It does much better than HMP these days.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I did not understand if those free 5 GB are available in the 14 days trial or unlimited.... Overall it looks good, but I do think that it will be a little too pricey for my taste.

Dashke

Level 1
Feb 3, 2012
Yes Earth, MBAM should be downloaded separately.
And 5GB plan is available for 14 days only. But I must say that it's very good backup program, I really like it.
You can, for example, upload all your tools in cloud and then download them on customer PC from web-interface. No need to carry USB or something similar.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
i hope they make it that if you want to have online backup you have to pay and if not you can do local backups free. I would love to use it for my backups but i love free more

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.