Not open for further replies.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Over the last several years, we’ve had techies asking for their own version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Allow me to introduce Malwarebytes Techbench.

If you service computers for a living, this tool will make your day a little easier. Simply plug in the Malwarebytes Techbench USB stick, check a few boxes, and it detects and removes malware automatically. It will even install a copy of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware if you so choose.

And this is just the beginning. Malwarebytes Techbench is a work in progress, and we’ll be adding more tools and features, at no extra cost, based on your feedback. This is a different format for us—it’s the only product we offer that can be used to fix PCs without buying individual licenses—so, please, do tell us what does and doesn’t work for you. You’ll see enhancements in every rev.

Basically, this is the tool that I wanted but didn’t exist when I was a tech. Best of all, it costs only roughly $1 per day at the special introductory price. If you do multiple malware removals per day, you know just how inexpensive that is.
Source

Just thought I'd share for those interested.

I

illumination

At $400.00 a year, they can keep it... plenty of free tools out there to run from USB

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
WalterWolf, looks like a rounded figure. Because $399.95 is a limited time offer, else it's $499.95 (per year).

The extra could be to cover the costs of materials.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
WalterWolf said:
Anyway even 500 $ got no sense with "1$ per day"

They said roughly $1 per day and if you do the math it ends up being about $1.37 a day so did they lie? not really its roughly $1 and if you get it while its $400 then its even closer at $1.10 a day.

With that in mind im with illumination there are too many free tools online and this is too expensive to even consider this. you could do a usb with malwarebytes chameleon and malwarebytes free installer for like $10.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
"I can get my self a standard laptop (Every year) with that amount"
That why it is totally for tech guys and it is future whether they accept it or not at this price :)

I

illumination

I guess i have to retract my statement of they can keep it.. I won a giveaway on another forum, a years license of Techbench.. It is in the process of being shipped to me.. After sometime to test in real world scenario's, will comment here on my opinion of it's features and worthiness of price..

ZeroDay

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Yeah I agree with you all, it's a right rip off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.