Microsoft Edge Preview builds for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 (Discussions)

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Today we are excited to make preview builds from the Microsoft Edge Canary channel available on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. This rounds out the initial set of platforms that we began to roll out back in April, so developers and users alike can try out the next version of Microsoft Edge on every major desktop platform.

Visit the Microsoft Edge Insider site from your Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 device to download and install the preview today! The Microsoft Edge Dev channel will be coming to previous versions of Windows soon.

Screen capture showing Microsoft Edge Canary running on Windows 7

You will find the experience and feature set on previous versions of Windows to be largely the same as on Windows 10, including forthcoming support for Internet Explorer mode for our enterprise customers.

Delivering the next version of Microsoft Edge to all supported versions of Windows is part of our goal to improve the web browsing experience for our customers on every device, and to empower developers to build great experiences with less fragmentation. Microsoft Edge will have the same always up-to-date platform and the same developer tools on all supported versions of Windows and macOS. This will reduce developer pain on the web, while ensuring all Windows customers have the latest browsing options.

Getting your feedback is an important step in helping us make a better browser – we consider it essential to create the best possible browsing experience. If you run into any issues or have feedback, please use the “Send Feedback” tool in Microsoft Edge. Simply click the smiley face next to the Menu button and let us know what you like or if there’s something we can improve.

The first Canary builds do have a few known issues, including the lack of dark mode support and no support for AAD sign-in, which we are working to resolve soon. If you need help or support, just press F1 from within Microsoft Edge Canary or Dev to visit our support website.

We hope you’ll try the preview out today, and share your feedback in the Microsoft Edge Insider community. We look forward to hearing what you think!

The post Introducing Microsoft Edge preview builds for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 appeared first on Microsoft Edge Blog.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Is there any timeline for the Beta Version available

Is there into multilanguage now

And have this a go to the Homepage Button

With best Regards
Mops21

Reactions: oldschool

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Is there any timeline for the Beta Version available
Try the Dev version. I was going to wait for the beta, but changed my mind. It's quite stable (for me). In Settings, there are a gazillion language options.
WDhupKz.png

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Majorgeeks has beta version if you want. I was using it but now I moved to dev version since its as stable as beta is. Just some minor glitches. But keep in mind I only have experience with dev version for 2 days.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Thank you very much for your Infos

Wirth best Regards
Mops21

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.