Introducing Norton 360 for Gamers

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Homepage: Norton 360 for Gamers

Whether you are competitive gamer or a casual player, you understand the importance of protecting yourself when you are gaming or streaming online. You know that hackers routinely target home networks and online accounts of gamers and streamers alike. But you don't want to sacrifice PC performance. A finely tuned PC, high speed Internet connection, and an optimized home network are essential to make the most of your gaming PC setup.

That's why more and more gamers prefer to protect themselves with Norton Security. In addition to best-in-class Internet security and Cyber Defense, Norton Security also offers the performance management tools which can be used to optimize your PC's performance.

We designed Norton with gamers in mind. We do not want to interrupt you while you play your favorite game whether it is DOTA2, or League of Legends, or World of WarCraft.

Here are some of the key features of Norton 360 for Gamers:
  • Dark Web Monitoring Powered by LifeLock: We monitor and notify you if we find your personal information on the Dark Web including your gamertags, usernames and email addresses.
  • Secure VPN: Browse anonymously and securely by hiding your IP address with a no-log VPN to help protect against DDoS attacks, doxxing and SWATing.
  • Notification Optimization (Windows only): We'll only notify you if your PC is under attack, your protection is at risk, or you aren't using a feature you're entitled to use - and give you control over product reminders.
  • Real-time Threat Protection: Multi-layered, advanced security helps protect against existing and emerging malware threats to your devices, including phishing attacks via email and security flaws in games and websites.
  • Full-Screen Mode Detection: Device security for PCs that detects when you're using full-screen mode, and silences all but critical security alerts.
  • PC SafeCam (Windows only): Helps protect against potential stream bans and embarrassment with alerts on attempts to access your webcam so you can block them.
  • 50GB Cloud Backup (Windows only): Automatic, secure Cloud Backup for PCs - store your game clips online, freeing up space on your drives.
  • Smart Firewall: Helps protect your device and its data - even during Game Mode, against malicious attacks and intrusive eyes.
  • Parental Control: Help your kids; manage their online activity, and identify potential dangers before they become a problem. Please note that Norton Parental Control features are not supported on Mac.
  • Password Manager: A strong password is important helps protect your game accounts. Let us help you store complex passwords, credit card information and other credentials online - safely and securely.

Note: For the initial release, this offering will be limited to US only, and will be extended to other countries in later releases.

Please visit the below KB articles for more information.

Attachments

• 1593516825522.png
    1593516825522.png
    206.2 KB · Views: 404

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
99.99 dollars per year subscription for 3 devices .
And 49.99 for the first year worse US only .
Insane pricing you can get endpoint products cheaper.

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Sooooo... a gamer cannot just change a notification option within Norton 360 already to achieve this?

3rd parties are getting a little sad IMHO and this is a prime example of it. Norton has a great product overall, but their future is unknown at this point unfortunately. For a company trying to stay alive they aren't helping themselves. There are a ton of complaints from people who have bought Norton 360 in a box from a store (ie: Best Buy) and had to enter their credit card info in order to install the product. I know you can turn off the auto renewal after the fact, however I do agree with those who bought their copy from a box store. I can see if you bought it online, however there''s no excuse to force people to enter their CC info to install a product (if they already bought it from a store). Fact is, the vast majority of these people say they will never buy Norton again....so, for a company trying to stay alive, they aren't making it easy on themselves. They should focus on recifing this complaint for people to keep customers, instead of making "gaming" version. To us this issue seems overblown and I agree, but I also see their point and TBH, they make up the vast majority of their customer base, so...if I were running Norton, I would be paying attention to them.

Well that's my rant for today.:p

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Sooooo... a gamer cannot just change a notification option within Norton 360 already to achieve this?

3rd parties are getting a little sad IMHO and this is a prime example of it. Norton has a great product overall, but their future is unknown at this point unfortunately. For a company trying to stay alive they aren't helping themselves. There are a ton of complaints from people who have bought Norton 360 in a box from a store (ie: Best Buy) and had to enter their credit card info in order to install the product. I know you can turn off the auto renewal after the fact, however I do agree with those who bought their copy from a box store. I can see if you bought it online, however there''s no excuse to force people to enter their CC info to install a product (if they already bought it from a store). Fact is, the vast majority of these people say they will never buy Norton again....so, for a company trying to stay alive, they aren't making it easy on themselves. They should focus on recifing this complaint for people to keep customers, instead of making "gaming" version. To us this issue seems overblown and I agree, but I also see their point and TBH, they make up the vast majority of their customer base, so...if I were running Norton, I would be paying attention to them.

Well that's my rant for today.:p
At least a decent UI change could help seduce gamers .
But little to no effort has been made to a "gamer product".
About the CC move Still Norton will benefit from some elderly people who will leave an auto subscription without knowing / remembering it .

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
rename a product to "gaming" and let the cash flow begin ;)
If Norton is a great product, then what does it matter if someone buys it. They'll get same levels of protection & features as the Deluxe edition - for US-residents.

99.99 dollars per year subscription for 3 devices .
And 49.99 for the first year worse US only .
Insane pricing you can get endpoint products cheaper.
Endpoint security is not always suited for consumers.

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
for a company trying to stay alive
i don't like the kind of "scam" policy Norton has either, but why do you think Norton needs to try to stay alive? Norton was - is - going to be a top product in the market, somethings never going to change, we are having Kaspersky Bitdefender ESET Norton McAfee with such a great market share in the industry for decades, the names are there. the history the background and the reputation is there for these big players and customers who don't like to waste ( let's be honest that's what we're doing at MT or other forums ) their time here and there, they just choose the big names for their protection, and Norton indeed is a big name and it won't change anytime soon no matter who and how own the company share and what not.

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

At least a decent UI change could help seduce gamers .
But little to no effort has been made to a "gamer product".
About the CC move Still Norton will benefit from some elderly people who will leave an auto subscription without knowing / remembering it .

That's the part that bugs me the most. I know most people can figure it out, but those without some technical understanding (especially the elderly) won't and they will keep getting charged regardless.

To be fair, most companies do something similar, however they have never been
i don't like the kind of "scam" policy Norton has either, but why do you think Norton needs to try to stay alive? Norton was - is - going to be a top product in the market, somethings never going to change, we are having Kaspersky Bitdefender ESET Norton McAfee with such a great market share in the industry for decades, the names are there. the history the background and the reputation is there for these big players and customers who don't like to waste ( let's be honest that's what we're doing at MT or other forums ) their time here and there, they just choose the big names for their protection, and Norton indeed is a big name and it won't change anytime soon no matter who and how own the company share and what not.

That is a very valid point that I wasn't thinking about. It is true people will just buy the "big names," as that's who they see. I don't anticipate Norton going any where anytime soon either, but to be fair, sometimes these acquisitions(splits) can be a major blow that may, or may not have a big impact down the road. I think Norton will survive myself, but I would still try to retain as many customers as you can and when I see comment, after comment stating that they will never buy Norton again, you have to wonder what impact that will have later. As you said, it may not.

Any who enough OT...does this gaming version ensure I get more blazing FPS so I can enhance my fragging capabilities!!:LOL:

XLR8R

Level 4
Jan 20, 2020
Like a Western! said:
Norton indeed is a big name and it won't change anytime soon no matter who and how own the company share and what not.

Norton has been doing the deep descent since 2011. It's like a COVID - curve, slow rolloff like a true Gaussian. :)

Norton is past it's prime, and the industry does agree. The product can probably go a few more years. Like yesterday's Japanese brands, it too will fade. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.