App Review IObit Malware Fighter Free 1.5 Test(MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
The reason why your VM shutdown at 12:15 was because IObit detected services.exe as malware (there may have been malicious code injected in it). It stated in the pop-up that services.exe quit unexpectedly.

And another failed test for IObit.

Good Test.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Malware Maniac said:
The reason why your VM shutdown at 12:15 was because IObit detected services.exe as malware (there may have been malicious code injected in it). It stated in the pop-up that services.exe quit unexpectedly.

And another failed test for IObit.

Good Test.

During the intermission between shutdown and restart I put two and two together and linked both events together. I was going to mention something of that sort after I started the test again, but it slipped my mind. Thanks for sharing that, because I did not go back to see what IObit had crashed(should have though and for the future). I agree 100%, basically a complete fail for IObit. It did not detect one piece of malware(as you saw in my vid I did a right click scan and a custom scan of the entire C: Drive and it found nothing).

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
fail for IObit is nothing new ,
Malware Fighter is all but junk, the only
factor of real use is the ability to scan individual files in the cloud
but its no defense as many users don't use the feature,

I us-to give my malware to Iobit but but most of it never made it into
malware fighter for one reason or another,

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.