IObit Malware Fighter v4 will be added Bitdefender engine

Discussion in 'IObit' started by billy69, Aug 20, 2015.

?

Do you think IObit Malware Fighter will be better with Bitdefender engine?

Poll closed Sep 3, 2015.
  1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    84.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. billy69

billy69 Level 16

Apr 26, 2015
    Student
    Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
    Windows 7
    Avast
    #1 billy69, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
    Source
    Their possible new interfaces:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. omidomi

omidomi Level 61
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 5, 2014
    Fallout New Vegas :D
    Windows 8.1
    Kaspersky
    i think its better add Kaspersky Engine :)

Logethica, Behold Eck, FALLEN and 4 others like this.
  3. arslan ejaz

arslan ejaz Level 10

Jun 5, 2015
    General Manager in Pharmaceutical Company
    Gujranwala
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    Second design is good and i think their detection improves with bitdefender engine but not that much ... just my opinion considering its detection ratio in past

4. frogboy

frogboy Level 61
    Trusted

Jun 9, 2013
    Heavy Duty Mechanic.
    Western Australia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    It can only improve as it's detection rate before was dismal before so it can only get better. :D

5. Anupam

Anupam Level 21

Jul 7, 2014
    Windows 7
    Well when you add anything positive to zero that will become positive. Right now for me IOBit malware fighter provides 0 protection. So adding bitdefender will definitely improve the protection.

6. MisterToto

MisterToto New Member

Aug 31, 2014
    I share your opinion 100%

Behold Eck, arslan ejaz and Anupam like this.
  7. billy69

billy69 Level 16

Apr 26, 2015
    Student
    Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
    Windows 7
    Avast
    I agree with you about that :D :rolleyes:

8. VirusAttak

VirusAttak Level 4

Aug 31, 2014
    IT Student
    Earth
    It's peace of junk don't know why they developed a security program that doesn't provide any kind of security.

9. Overlord

Overlord Level 8
    Content Creator

Feb 22, 2013
    Poland
    ESET
    In my humble opinion, IObit Malware Fighter is an imitation of a real security program. Dim detection and weak real protection. Even the addition of BitDefender engine unjust for me to trust this product.;)

10. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Level 19

Oct 23, 2014
    Puerto Rico
    Yeah. It's normal to think that when something has "zero protection" the only way it can go is positive.
    That is if we don't forget the existence of negative numbers, and in this context, those would be false positives.
    So yeah, it can get worse.

Now for the topic. Yeah, if it has the Bitdefender engine it could get better. But I think people would still hesitate to use it. Perhaps adding ESET or Avira as well would be good, but who knows.

Logethica, Behold Eck and frogboy like this.
  11. Butterfly

Butterfly Level 2

Jul 28, 2015
    Israel
    I always liked IObit's UI, it's a shame their security products are terrible. Their Advanced System Care Ultimate has the Bitdefender engine too and the detection rate is still crappy, I don't think this will really change anything.

12. jamescv7

jamescv7 Level 61
    Trusted

Mar 15, 2011
    Web and FileMaker Developer
    Philippines
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    Actually for sure there are terms and conditions which is why Bitdefender Engine isn't implemented long time before for IMF.

No need to surprise since Bitdefender will bring any partnered products on edge however in such terms of test; in-house engine should always preserve, maintain and improve.

Iobit's interface proposal are always good but the protection wise should always consider.

13. conceptualclarity

Content Creator Trusted

Aug 23, 2013
    USA
    ESET
    Won't that make IMF into an AV instead of an anti-malware or anti-spyware program? Then IObit has two AVs.Who else has two AVs? :p

Logethica and Behold Eck like this.
  14. kev216

kev216 Level 18
    Content Creator Trusted

Aug 6, 2014
    Belgium
    Windows 10
    Sophos
    Again a product with a bitdefender engine...
    Why do we need another if there a already lots of bitdefender engine products? It was kind of useless product speaking of detection, and it will remain useless, even if they have BD now. There are lots of other products that advertise that they have the BD engine and that they stop everything, but when you test it, it fails enormously. I'm not saying that it is not an improvement at all, but come on, why another bitdefender one? Just be original and add another engine like Kaspersky or Eset or something. Then you are going to get attention in the whole row of security products, now it's just 'antoher' security product that is probably better in advertising than in detecting new threats. Bitdefender engine does not mean protection like paid Bitdefender at all.

Logethica and Behold Eck like this.
  15. conceptualclarity

Content Creator Trusted

Aug 23, 2013
    USA
    ESET
    That's true.

Oops. I forgot about Bitdefender and, was it Fortinet, that have inferior free versions of their AVs. And now a free stripped-down McAfee AV!

Logethica likes this.