Iobit Security 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Does anyone know about this product via experience? I just happened to run across it and I am curious.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well I have never used it but I might want to review it.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Iobit said:
Important Announcement
Dear users, please be informed that we have stopped permanently the development and maintenance of IObit Security 360 product (both Free and Pro Editions) as we think the traditional technology cannot meet the new requirements of fighting emerging Internet security threats.
Paid users of IObit Security 360 PRO will still have our free technical support and automatic update to our new security software for free.
We have developed a new security product - IObit Malware Fighter which is based upon Cloud Computing technology. Learn more about IObit Malware Fighter here.
Thanks.
http://www.iobit.com/security360.html

Iobit said:
as we think the traditional technology cannot meet the new requirements of fighting emerging Internet security threats.
:lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz: :lolz:
Real reason : IOBit was accused in the past of stealing and incorporating MBAM proprietary database and intellectual property into their software...... so this is the real reason why they've renamed their product to "Malware Fighter" ..IObit is hoping that people will forget about this incident and start using their security product again......
You can read more about this here
So this guys have a bad reputation. ;) - http://www.mywot.com/scorecard/iobit.com/comment

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
What a freakin' joke.

Thank you all for the informed warning.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
The interesting thing about the whole Iobit/MBAM debacle is that Iobit made a public apology that they made some mistakes and are sorry for it, but they still contested that they did not steal the MBAM definitions, but received those samples through their malware submission page.

Ummm.... But those samples never left the MBAM labs. Not to mention that the samples weren't even malware, just a bit of code to trigger those particular dummy signatures. So even if some rogue developer at MBAM uploaded them to Iobit, :rolleyes: why then would Iobits malware team define them as malware when they weren't? (Don't even question how they managed to name the signatures for those samples the same thing MBAM did...)

So if they were still sticking to their guns about the theft, what were they apologizing for? :huh:

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Maybe an attorney instructed them to make that statement. Maybe they goofed the release of said statement. It is hard to say.

D

Deleted member 178

after all this is china ^^

i remember a French major airplane manufacturer company called Airbus wanted to open a factory in china (for reducing cost of manufacturing), the local government accepted only if they employed local ingeneers and workers for the fabrication and assembly of the plane's components. of course those workers will work (after their contract is finished) for the newly created chinese plane manufacturer company... the french company accepted. you want something from them, they will ask you something in return ^^

in asia copying is a local sport, it's "normal"; they dont care too much about right properties like in western countries. the most important is the Business made after.

and from my view, MBAM deserve what they had, they were careless enough to have their database stolen so easily. if in my house i let the window open with my laptop in plain sight; i will blame only myself if someone stole it.
they should employ a better security supervisor.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
You make very good points. MBAM is in the security business, so you have to ask, "What is their problem?"

I hope you are not suggesting that MBAM is Chinese software. I would have trouble believing that since everything the Chinese export is scat.

I could see Iobit being Chinese. Please fill me in on whether they are or not.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you look on mywot.com, the Comment Statistics show most are ethical issues since the Malwarebytes' DB incident.
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/iobit.com

Their maintenance software is good, but there are better security software out there. :)

D

Deleted member 178

Iobit is chinese AFAIK, not MBAM. all this affair is useless. MBAM cant sue them properly, and i dont see the a government making a diplomatic scandal and loose many markets in China for just a stolen database...

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Good grief. Now that I know that they are a Chinese company, I am thinking seriously about taking SmartDefrag off my PC before it detonates, or kills my dog.

I do not mean to offend anyone, but I have had problems with everything that I have ever purchased from China.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
You would be amazed to know how many Chinese components are in our appliances and hardware. However this this topic should be about the IOBit product. ;)
Please don't use [color] tag unless it is really needed. Thanks.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well in my opinion that product made a decent before which users are interested to install on their systems but after the issue on MBAM its was dropped unexpectedly caused of pulled out of their database.

V

Vextor

I tried IObit Malware Fighter and it let through every piece of malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.