Battle IOBIT Smart Defrag VS Defraggler vs Auslogics Disk Defrag

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
IOBIT Smart Defrag VS Defraggler vs Auslogics Disk Defrag vs Puran defrag free which do you think is better? Overall for doing the job the fastest and the most thorough job?

PS. Main thing I'm worried about with Auslogics Disk Defrag is it seems to collect a lot of user data of what it seems, I may be wrong.

Last edited:

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
So sad since unlike perfectdisk diskeeper did it's job i felt slightly better installation performance using this product and it didn't cause issues but i might tweak it via tce.cmd for extra performance in the future .

if you found a way to get diskeeper i would recommend trying it out if you have lots of small Io's or have many hdds to defrag but VDI/servers are the focus of the product .

as you can see from the report it doesn't starve the ram and ram usage can be tuned via tce.cmd as well.
oh and V-locity is using the same engine as diskepeer but the home edition is limited to 2 gb of ram so unless you have at least 8gb of ram use home else pro assuming you find a way to purchase the product and for servers / VDI's it's essential and i would recommend buying dymaxio for these vdi /servers users(almost same as V-locity just a small update of V-locity with shitty marketing tricks) .
both systems tested for about two months and i felt a big performance improvement from the ThinkPad that uses an old HDD that was never replaced on that t400

I don't recommend buying this product unless you are an IT person(Dymaxio) or find the good old 60$ 3 pcs lifetime deal(Diskeeper pro) and have 3 computers or work with many HDDs like a NAS server

Last edited:

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
I had to install a third-party defrag because sometimes the defrag for Windows at default settings wouldn't run as scheduled for Win 7 and 8.1 (as seen in dates indicating when the last defrag took place). I read somewhere that sometimes, something would make it appear that the system isn't idle, which means the defrag wouldn't run. In other cases, users boot up, use the machine, and then close it. I only realize something has gone wrong when the computer slows down considerably.

In another case, I decided to run the defrag manually, and it went on working for 16 hours, with something like a dozen passes, and it wasn't through. I stopped it, installed and used Auslogics, and it finished much faster.

With that, I decided to install and use Auslogics running quietly weekly, and following any prefetch layout required by the system plus minimizing problems with VSS. What I had to do to stop it from accessing the net was install Firewall App Blocker and add the files to the Windows firewall block list. For my machine, I used a free version of Sphinx Firewall Control (which I can't use for the other machines because their users are novices and don't know whether to enable or disable access for various apps).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.