Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
The program is interesting to users who have troubles getting rid of browser toolbars, modifications or extensions that have been installed on their systems through third party software installations.

It displays a browser plug-ins tab after start that lists all installed browser toolbars, extensions and plugins in the interface. It covers the major browsers Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer and Firefox on Windows.

You can check the installed extensions and plugins for each browser individually, or access a general listing of all plugins and extensions installed in at least one of the supported browsers.

To remove a plugin, toolbar or extension, select it and click on remove afterwards. You can select multiple programs at once if you like and remove them all in one go.

IObit Uninstaller 3 will display a notification prompt if the browser the extension or toolbar is installed in is still running, so that you can close it to continue with the uninstallation.

One interesting feature here is the ability to remove a browser plugin from a single browser but keep it enabled in all other browsers.

As far as changes to a browser's search engine or home page go, this is covered by the program as well. A restore default settings button is available that will restore the default (not necessarily the user's search engine and homepage of the browser).

iobit-uninstaller-3-660x432.jpg

restore-browser-settings.jpg

Download links at majorgeeks
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/iobit_uninstaller_3.html

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Excellent.

I'll keep the current v2.4, as it has no advertising, and I'll try out this new beta. Thanks for the update.

Btw, Chrome may flag the download as malicious. Clean VT results:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2f81dc8d7d2140becf79eda465ef4061b5c873973c209cc90f4be70740318f5c/analysis/

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Earth said:
Excellent.

I'll keep the current v2.4, as it has no advertising, and I'll try out this new beta. Thanks for the update.

Btw, Chrome may flag the download as malicious. Clean VT results:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2f81dc8d7d2140becf79eda465ef4061b5c873973c209cc90f4be70740318f5c/analysis/

No advertising and there is no portable version yet, I'll keep v2 too
v3 has some really good features, I like the shredding remaining files :)

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
BoraMurdar said:
No advertising and there is no portable version yet, I'll keep v2 too
v3 has some really good features, I like the shredding remaining files :)

Well it kinda has advertising (bottom left corner first image) they are promoting their advanced system cleaner, but its not too bad out of the way not really flashy

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Wow, I didn't realise it installed. No indication that it would install, quite disappointed even for a beta.

Uninstalled using IObit Uninstaller v2.4, rebooted and deleted remaining files.

I like v2.4 better.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Earth said:
Wow, I didn't realise it installed. No indication that it would install, quite disappointed even for a beta.

Uninstalled using IObit Uninstaller v2.4, rebooted and deleted remaining files.

I like v2.4 better.

I didn't noticed either, but when I saw new shortcut on the desktop I saw what's going on :)

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
IObit Uninstaller 3.0.1.747 Beta

iobit_uninstaller_3.jpg

IObit Uninstaller helps you uninstall and remove unwanted programs and folders from your computer fast and easily.

Integrated with up to date uninstall technology, IObit Uninstaller 3 helps you remove unneeded programs easily even when Windows "Add or Remove Programs" fails. Besides removing unwanted applications, it also scans and removes leftovers easily. The most attractive part is that it makes a restore image before every uninstallation. With the new added Toolbars Uninstallation Module, IObit Uninstaller 3 helps you remove unwanted toolbars thoroughly.

What's new in this version:

Brand-new UI for easier and better understanding
Added option to remove browser plug-ins of IE, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera
Added shredding leftovers feature in Powerful Scan
Added deleting leftovers in Powerful Scan on reboot
Added update feature to get the latest program always
Added option to uninstall the program itself
Improved work process for friendly use

Download | 8.6 MB (Freeware)

Source

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes, IObit Uninstaller supports Windows 64-bit.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I'll wait for a portable version, Also sticking with 2.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.