Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
IObit Uninstaller 4 Review
You can start the program right after download on the system without installation. It will display all installed programs in its interface afterwards and displays an extra tab for toolbars and plugins as well. If you are running Windows 8, you will also get a Wind8 Apps tab on top of that.

Each program is listed with its name and company, size on disk, install date, version, and an operate button to run the uninstallation.

While it is possible to uninstall a program using the button or right-click menu, it is also possible to simply double-click on its row in the interface to do so.

The uninstaller starts the native removal process first, usually in form of a software uninstaller that shipped with the program itself, and offers to run a scan afterwards to find leftovers. This is optional at first but you can make the choice permanent so that a scan is run automatically after each uninstallation.

Leftover files or Registry entries that are found during the scan are displayed afterwards in a menu. Here you can go through each item individually to select the ones that you want removed. It is possible to select all items directly for removal, but cautious users may want to go through the list to make sure only matching files get removed.

The leftover scan after the uninstallation of Freemake Music Box did list several Freemake Video Converter folders for instance.

Files can be deleted normally or shredded, which removes them in a way that they cannot be recovery by data recovery software.

A filter at the top of the programs listing allows you to change the sorting of applications, for instance by size or recency, and also display Windows Updates which you can uninstall as well using Uninstaller 4.

Here you can also enable batch uninstall mode which adds check boxes to the interface so that you can select multiple programs for removal at once.

The Toolbars & Plug-ins page lists various plugins and toolbars installed on the system. You can use the filter menu to sort by browser. It is interesting to note that add-ons, at least those for the Firefox browser, are displayed by it as well.

You can select one or multiple programs listed here and click on the removal button afterwards to remove them from the browser they are associated with. There is no option to tell which browser that is unless you filter by browser first.

You will be asked to close any browser still open before the removal request is processed.

The new Windows 8 App removal feature lists all native Microsoft applications the operating system ships with and all user installed apps. All can be removed in the same way from the system.

One new feature added in version 4 of the program is a quick uninstall option. This works much like silent installations, in that it will suppress most dialogs and confirmation windows of the uninstaller.

The developers have added additional features to the program. You can now open System Restore to find a list of restore points listed here. The program offers to create restore points automatically before any removal operation so that it is possible to undo the removal at a later point in time.

Conclusion
The option to remove Windows 8 apps, regardless of whether installed by Microsoft or the user, is a welcome addition to the application.

The remaining updates improve the program's functionality in several regards to make it more robust or improve the scanning for leftovers.

Full Article

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
IObit Uninstaller 4 Beta 1 - What's New!
  • Uninstall Win8 Apps - Added uninstallation for Win8 Apps to make your Windows 8 clean of all unwanted apps
  • Quick Uninstall - Added Quick Uninstall for some programs so that no more confirmation box will disturb you
  • Monitor Uninstall - Added monitoring for all program uninstallation that not using IObit Uninstaller to call Powerful Scan
  • Better restore - Added management for System Restore Point
  • Powerful Scan - Improved Powerful Scan to clean leftovers thoroughly, quickly, and faultlessly
  • Browser Protect - Improved the ability of detecting and removing malicious Plug-ins
  • Windows Update - Improved the detection and uninstallation for Windows Update
  • Better UI - Improved User Interface to be simple, concise, and user-friendly
http://forums.iobit.com/forum/iobit...our-feedback-for-iobit-uninstaller-4-beta-1-0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Thanks , but why my uninstaller isn,t showing the update dialog/option? My version is 3.3; also when i visit the home page iobit still shows the download of version 3 rather than newer one. Do u know the reason?

Reactions: frogboy

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
IObit Uninstaller 4 Review – Remove Unwanted Software, Including Metro Apps
restore Windows to a previously saved point.

The Good
The tool worked smoothly on Windows 8.1 Pro during our evaluation, without hanging, crashing or popping up error messages. It supports multiple languages and two UI themes, and contains help documentation.

As always, the interface is extremely simple to figure out. IObit Uninstaller thoroughly removes programs and any leftovers, leaving the HDD clean. The new "Quick Uninstall" option eliminates a program immediately and does not require assistance because it does not pop up any confirmation dialog.

Apps specially designed for Windows 8.1 can be easily removed from a separate section, whether they are integrated into the OS or developed by third parties. It is possible to uninstall Windows Updates and browser components such as unwanted toolbars or plugins. Batch mode can be enabled to schedule multiple applications for sequential removal.

It monitors programs automatically and detects any leftovers when removing them with other tools apart from IObit Uninstaller.

CPU and RAM consumption is low.
It is free to use.

The Bad
When monitoring uninstallers launched with other applications outside IObit Uninstaller, the tool pops up a notification from the bottom right corner of the screen to inform users of existing leftover items. However, this screen is displayed for a limited period of time and disappears if no action is taken by the user.

The Truth
In conclusion, the new features of IObit Uninstaller 4 are welcomed, since they provide users with additional tools for efficiently removing apps and leftovers from the computer.

Full Reviw via Softpedia

Reactions: frogboy and NSG001

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,;)

Will it clean up all leftover of X64 Bits O.S.? In the past it would only clean X86 Bits O.S.?

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-program-un-installer.htm

For example:

It was always the case that the program would "run" in x64 bit systems but would only support the clean removal of X86/32 Bit programs installed in it.

Also, do they track you? And their IObit Uninstaller is ready hard to remove their leftovers.

Kind regards,:)

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I tired IObit Uninstaller for the first time recently, impressed by the simplicty and efficiency, it has some nice features for a free program. (Recommended)

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
This by far the best program from IObit.I have used this for a long time now and I would rate this as one of the top 3rd party installers.Leftover scan does a very good job at finding leftover entries and I have found that it does find more than Revo.Although Revo is a very good installer I have found IObit to be a bit better

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Used to be a good uninstaller until it randomly decided to remove all of my metro apps, corrupting everything that was installed. I had to reformat my computer just to fix it. It said there are some leftovers of "maps, mail, and some other things" in the taskbar. After that I decided I wasn't going to use it again...

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
This has become my default uninstaller over Comodo 1.3 uninstaller. It is good software. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.