Troubleshoot IOS phone

Infected operating system
IOS
Infected device
iPhone 8 Plus
Infected device issues
Redirected to “2020 Annual Safari survey” promising prize and membership to cheap iPhone 11.
Steps taken to remove the infection
None yet - looking for advice

Hayley

Thread author
Mar 29, 2020
I foolishly entered som personal data (Name, Mobile no, address) on a pop up competition for “Loyal Safari users”. Stopped short of adding credit card details and googled to discover it’s a scam.
How can I clear my phone of any adware or malware without wiping it of my data/photos/etc?

Reactions: Venustus and Jack

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I foolishly entered som personal data (Name, Mobile no, address) on a pop up competition for “Loyal Safari users”. Stopped short of adding credit card details and googled to discover it’s a scam.
How can I clear my phone of any adware or malware without wiping it of my data/photos/etc?
Hello @Hayley,
The sites that show this type of message are "scams" so it's good that you didn't enter your banking details or phone number. When it comes to iPhones, users are redirected to these sites by malicious ads on the sites that they visit (most often sites with "free" online movies or other similar content). Basically, you've seen the “Loyal Safari users” site because another site has redirected you to it. Basically, there is no malicious program on your phone.
To prevent these redirects I would recommend that you install a free ad blocker like AdGuard for iOS. I use it on iOS devices and it does a good job at preventing browser redirects and it removes all ads from the sites you visit.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.