Troubleshoot IP address? private use RFC1918? help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

antreas

Thread author
upload_2017-2-5_10-35-5.png

What is private use RFC1918??

Reactions: shukla44 and SHvFl

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I assume you use a vpn and don't block WebRTC so it picks up the local private address of the vpn.

Upvote 0
A

antreas

Thread author
I block WebRTC on chrome so i switch to firefox to see what it show if i leak webRTC but Private-use* never showed before i was using other vpn.

Upvote 0

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Anw this leak is irrelevant. It's nothing personal and they already know you use a vpn.

Upvote 0
A

antreas

Thread author
But why 2 different IP address? the private-use is not my real address. web rtc doesn't leak real address?

Reactions: SHvFl
Upvote 0

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
But why 2 different IP address? the private-use is not my real address. web rtc doesn't leak real address?
I assume your vpn has some sort of network lock that blocks your real address from leaking. I am only guessing you are using airvpn, i don't know though.

Reactions: antreas
Upvote 0
A

antreas

Thread author
I assume your vpn has some sort of network lock that blocks your real address from leaking. I am only guessing you are using airvpn, i don't know though.

Can't help then. Never used this vpn but it somehow protects your real ip which is good.
If you are right and it protects my real IP that means this is powerful vpn! :D i feel so happy i got lifetime account with them. :) even pia vpn didn't have this protection when i used them.

Upvote 0

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
If you are right and it protects my real IP that means this is powerful vpn! :D i feel so happy i got lifetime account with them. :) even pia vpn didn't have this protection when i used them.
Pia has it actually. It has network lock forever now so it should not leak anything at all either.
99% sure pia is better than windscribe even though windscribe might have a better application. Pia application is terrible and sad.

Reactions: shukla44
Upvote 0

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
I assume u use also Windscripe browser addon features,hop or something? Proxy? Spoofing,,, it is private internet space and it is safe, because ur desktop client keep ur leak confidental. If you use Air, and test it this site where you test its shows like this => https://i.imgsafe.org/6ed0ac14c0.png all has same ip, altrought im semi-paranoid myself, brushing my vpn addresses :d

Reactions: SHvFl
Upvote 0
A

antreas

Thread author
I assume u use also Windscripe browser addon features,hop or something? Proxy? Spoofing,,, it is private internet space and it is safe, because ur desktop client keep ur leak confidental. If you use Air, and test it this site where you test its shows like this => https://i.imgsafe.org/6ed0ac14c0.png all has same ip, altrought im semi-paranoid myself, brushing my vpn addresses :d
I use the browser extension with the desktop client Double Hop protection. Maybe a little slower but better security.

Upvote 0

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Its more reliability in my opinion when you ip shows same all ipv4 & 6 dns adresses and webrtc and so on. Alltrought it is safe but you are easily reconises spoofing when those leak sites show multible ip's

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.