iPhone has been hacked [Split thread]

Moonghost

Thread author
Dec 18, 2023
My iPhone, and every phone I have had for the past six years is hacked. I wouldn’t say hacked. Actually there’s someone I know who is a developer and has an account under my name and Apple developers, as well as Google developers. I try to read and research what they’re doing but I can’t because I’ve discovered every page I visit, including my own phone is filled with misinformation. Words are purposely misspelled and two articles are put together or mesh together or something. My Wi-Fi is poisoned the network I’m hooked up to is not the actual one it is, and there’s some sort of marketing scam going on. Can anybody help me?

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I’m a bit confused by your message. But if you are genuinely worried you might consider any of the following.

> Contacting Apple support (ideally at a physical store, but if not by phone)
> Create a new Apple ID, then reset your phone and sign in with your new account.
> Delete your old Google and Apple accounts on a PC.
> Change all online passwords, make them unique and complex, and use a good password manager.
> Buy a new router.
> Report any genuine suspicion of identity theft to your local police as well any relevant online services (Apple, Google etc)
> Always use 2 factor authentication for email accounts or other online services. Don’t use text message for 2fa if possible but an authenticator app like Authy or even a hardware Yubikey.
> consider a hardware firewall such as firewalla.

Prodigyno

Apr 25, 2024
Whoa, that sounds like a seriously intense situation. I'm not an expert, but it might be a good idea to reach out to someone who is. Maybe try contacting Apple or Google support for advice on how to handle a situation like this. In the meantime, maybe consider changing your Wi-Fi network password and being cautious about what information you share online. Hang in there!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.