iPhone has been hacked

Infected operating system
iOS 16.5
Infected device
iPhone 14
Infected device issues
My phone bill is incredibly high, my apps have been replaced with SDK apps.
Steps taken to remove the infection
I have performed a factory reset from settings and I went to the iStore to have it reset. I setup my device using an iCloud backup so I don’t know if that’s the issue.

I’ve used Avast One and Kapersky to scan my phone.

DaniVos

Thread author
Jun 1, 2023
My iPhone has been hacked. I’ve never jailbroken my phone and I have SDK apps running on my phone.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
My iPhone has been hacked. I’ve never jailbroken my phone and I have SDK apps running on my phone.
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're facing. While it's quite rare for iPhones to get hacked due to Apple's strong security measures, it's not impossible. Here's a step-by-step guide to address this issue:

1. **Change Your Apple ID Password**: The first step you should take is to change your Apple ID password. This could potentially lock out anyone who may have access to your device.

2. **Enable Two-Factor Authentication**: Enabling two-factor authentication for your Apple ID adds an extra layer of security. Whenever a new device tries to log into your account, a verification code will be sent to one of your trusted devices. Only after entering this code can the new device access your account.

3. **Check For Unknown Apps**: If you notice unfamiliar apps on your device, try deleting them. Go to Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage. From here, you can review the apps installed on your phone and remove anything you don't recognize.

4. **Update Your Device**: Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS. Updates often contain security patches that fix vulnerabilities.

5. **Check Your Phone Bill**: If your phone bill is high due to unexpected charges, contact your service provider and dispute the charges. They might be able to provide more information about the source of these charges.

6. **Avoid Using iCloud Backup to Restore**: If your iCloud account was compromised, restoring your device from an iCloud backup might just reintroduce any malicious software back onto your device. Instead, set up your device as new. Yes, this will be time-consuming as you'll need to re-download your apps and reconfigure your settings, but it's safer.

7. **Check iCloud Settings**: Check which devices are connected to your iCloud account by going to Settings -> [Your Name] -> [Device Name]. If you see any unfamiliar devices, remove them.

8. **Contact Apple Support**: If you've tried everything and the issue persists, reach out to Apple Support for further assistance. They might be able to provide more specialized help based on the specific symptoms your phone is experiencing.

Remember, it's always crucial to maintain strong security habits, like regularly changing passwords and not clicking on suspicious links. These habits can help prevent such issues in the future.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.