Iphones need an antivirus software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miketan77

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2014
Hi! I have a question want to ask MT members.
Do I need an antivirus software for iphone?
I know some smart phones using android system need mobile security and antivirus.
How about Apple products like iphones, ipads and the others?
Any suggestion for me?
Thank you.

Reactions: tallorder

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Good question, really. I was talking to hubby this morning about that very same issue. Was reading yesterday that 'land lines' are going obsolete, but it wouldn't cost me that much more to go 'land line' at our little music, store and no chance of virus/malware/attacks..!

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
You can perhaps consider installing an anti-theft app if you want more security, maybe.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As IOS user one to be consider that consumption of battery will affect due to resources and probability of having malware in App store is generally small unless third party software + those developing viruses are focusing on more population of smartphone users and that's Android.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Securing your iPhone and Apple ID account is the first step in securing your account and device.
1. Enable two factor authentication.
2. Use a complex and non-guessable password.
3. Install Find my iPhone app.
4. Use iCloud to backup your Contacts / files.
5. Use iCloud, OneDrive, Dropbox to backup your photo/video files.

An alternative to #4 is using a third party app for Anti-Theft which usually come with Contacts Backup, or similar.

I don't think iOS needs an Antivirus or Antimalware app.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
To add,
6. Keep iOS updated (iPhone, iPad, iPod).
7. Install trusted apps with positive (genuine) ratings and reviews.
8. Avoid jailbreaking your i-Devices.
9. Lock your phone whilst unattended - prevents unauthorised app installs.

Android don't necessarily need an Antivirus app, it's a common misconception. However, it's popularity makes it a target to criminals.

miketan77

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2014
To add,
6. Keep iOS updated (iPhone, iPad, iPod).
7. Install trusted apps with positive (genuine) ratings and reviews.
8. Avoid jailbreaking your i-Devices.
9. Lock your phone whilst unattended - prevents unauthorised app installs.

Android don't necessarily need an Antivirus app, it's a common misconception. However, it's popularity makes it a target to criminals.
Thank you for your information. I just consider my phone security when I surf malicious website or phising website without my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.