Is ADATA USB Flash Drive a good brand?

Thirio

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
This particular model has a lot of "1 egg" reviews. Can't speak for the quality of adata but you should have a read and decide for yourself. Maybe they are just unlucky customers or this really speaks for the quality of adata? You get what you pay for most of the time but this seems like a good deal to me. You will have 2 replacements if 1 of them breaks.

ADATA 32GB UV128 USB 3.0 Flash Drive (AUV128-32G-RBY) - Newegg.com

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Yes ADATA is good. If you live in the USA then its good. If possible you can choose Samsung bar plus 3.1. I actually imported bar plus 3.1 but it turned out to be bad and returned it. After that I got Kingston DT50 32GB. While reads are pretty good at 80-150MB/s write speeds are low at 15MB/s. 4K writes are really slow about 0.010MB/s aka Random read.
When it gets warm or hot it throttles down to 800KB/s for 5 secs and then goes to 15MB/s to 20MB/s. Also out of 32GB only 28.8GB was available and rest is overprovisioned for better reliability. My Samsung bar plus died on continuous writes and data was corrupted (Rated specs for bar plus 3.1 200MB/s Reads and 80MB/s writes along with 10MB/s 4K writes.
If you want cheap and solid drive Kingston DataTraveler 50 is the one. ADATA is good brand too.

StrikeFIN

Level 2
Verified
Dec 15, 2017
Most generic USB flash drive vendors are SanDisk and Kingston, but also many others are good.

Never had ADATA USB flash drive personally, but one of my laptops had their SO-DIMM RAM, worked as it should and it never failed during usage (sold laptop while ago, cuz bought better one)

Reactions: Brie and Jack
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

My USB came with secure access software but since I use it for my Marcrium full backups, I never used that feature. but if you are going to use it just for data storage, I would get a stick that has encryption.

"
SanDisk SecureAccess™ Software Keeps Files Private

The SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive includes SanDisk SecureAccess software, which lets you set up a password-protected private folder on your drive.4 Your files will be secured with 128-bit AES encryption to help keep them confidential, even when sharing the drive with others."

Reactions: Brie and Vasudev

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.