Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hi!

For years I have only CCleaner Enhanced and ProcessLasso as my optimization softwares and quite contented with it.

However there is a giveaway, 1-yr license for Advanced SystemCare 8 Pro. Is it worth it?

It has program deactivator now, whi is being used by Tune Up 2013/2014 - not quite useful for me. It also monitors now several temp on your PC.

It has programboost - which is really foreground software boosting - which some say isn't helpful but harmful.

And the RAM booster - there are many articles there that are PRO and CON about RAM boosters. However, CleanMem (another product) claims that it optimizes RAM without forcing to write on the pagefile.

Is AVC 8 Pro worth it? Or is CCleaner Enhanced plus ProcessLasso (for preventing lags) enough?

Thanks.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've used Iobit Advance System Care before and its a worth for it to purchase due to certain features that are already optimized.

Good algorithm on cleaning features. (since you found a giveaway license)

But never tested the registry defragmentation which not sure how it performs. ;)

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
No, it's not worth it. I ran a few of their tools on Advanced System Care including driver update and it ruined my new laptop. Stay away, Kaspersky say's on their official website that even CCleaner can harm your system.
Yes, I agree with the driver update. It's best to stay with the drivers that come preinstalled with the computer, or the ones recommended by Windows Update.

About CCleaner, I hope I could find that link. There are many users here though that will say CCleaner is safe, even the registry cleaner.

However, if ever I will use AVC, I will only use some of its features, so maybe it's not worth it. I will stay away from Registry cleaners, Driver updates, etc.

Reactions: frogboy and Ali80

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Kaspersky just stated that it can break their files/registry keys which makes removing it impossible, or only a partial uninstall. Never use their registry cleaner, especially the deep scan

This is what Kaspersky states: http://blog.kaspersky.co.uk/kavremover-tip/

Another reason why the leftovers remain in the system is the usage of tweakers like CCleaner. Of course, sometimes you can make your system load a couple seconds faster by using them, but it often happens that tweakers delete links between our registry keys, so our removal algorithm cannot use them properly. As a result, application removal completes with errors and a new installation cannot be performed because of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
this is off-topic, how about the leeftovers registry keys that revo uninsataller finds?

This is what Kaspersky states: http://blog.kaspersky.co.uk/kavremover-tip/

Another reason why the leftovers remain in the system is the usage of tweakers like CCleaner. Of course, sometimes you can make your system load a couple seconds faster by using them, but it often happens that tweakers delete links between our registry keys, so our removal algorithm cannot use them properly. As a result, application removal completes with errors and a new installation cannot be performed because of it.
Thanks much. Enlightened

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tony Cole

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I've never used Revo-Uninstaller, but I have heard good things about it, especially when it comes down to removing leftovers

Reactions: Ali80 and Kent

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually Revo-Uninstaller is really a good program, sometimes trouble of uninstallation of a program itself will turn for RU for finding all in related leftovers without encountering issues.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
For Uninstalling AVs use AppRemover By OPSWAT.
BTW I stopped using ASC pro because it slowed my pc.
Using CCleaner,Bleachbit & Advanced Uninstaller Pro.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
For Uninstalling AVs use AppRemover By OPSWAT.
BTW I stopped using ASC pro because it slowed my pc.
Using CCleaner,Bleachbit & Advanced Uninstaller Pro.
Please tell me how did ASC slowed down you system?

What is bleachbit? What does it do?

Thanks

Reactions: Kent

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I applied some tweaks suggested by ASC, even then it was slowing my pc; removed startup entry of asc & services but it didn't help, finally uninstalled it and I got a huge speedup after that.
Now i use simple tweaker from tweaking.com & Black Viper's Service configuration.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
the only thing IOBit is doing well these days is their uninstaller program. its a good one, revo of course is better but its not completely free.
their cleaning features is way behind ccleaner+ccenhancer.
registry defraging is a scam, stay away from it imo.
their antivirus feature, you should look at it as just an on-demand scanner with BD engine.

Ali80

Level 5
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
I have repaired a lot od PC-s!!! Most of them failed because:

1. Users have used two antivirus products with real time protection at the same time;
2. Users have used tune up utilities - as Advanced System Care, AVG PC TuneUp, System Mechanic etc.
3. Users have used these above tools without knowing what they are actually doing;
4. Mess with drivers;
5. Users have installed a ton of programs that do not use;
6. Users do not know that before installing new AV they must uninstall previous AV;
7. Users does not uninstall anything...they just leave it behind, they do not even know how to uninstall the program;
8. Users think that PC-s are Playstations. Users do not have basic knowledge of computers;
9. Slow computers because of products with expired licences (for example ASC after 1 year of use does expire and it still leaves there...what will you do after 1 year?? Buy it again?? Uninstall?? Have you tried to uninstall such program??...they leave you computer with a lot of remnants behind, and system tweaker that you have used makes your PC vulnerable as it make holes that did not exist by default - on non tweaked pc.

Last edited:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I have repaired a lot od PC-s!!! Most of them failed because:

1. Users have used two antivirus products with real time protection at the same time;
2. Users have used tune up utilities - as Advanced System Care, AVG PC TuneUp, System Mechanic etc.
3. Users have used these above tools without knowing what they are actually doing;
4. Mess with drivers;
5. Users have installed a ton of programs that do not use;
6. Users do not know that before installing new AV they must uninstall previous AV;
7. Slow computers because of products with expired licences (for example ASC after 1 year of use does expire and it still leaves there...what will you do after 1 year?? Buy it again?? Uninstall?? Have you tried to uninstall such program??...they leave you computer with a lot of remnants behind, and system tweaker that you have used makes your PC vulnerable as it make holes that did not exist by default - on non tweaked pc.
Yes for sure do not mess with drivers or tuneup tools. :)

Reactions: Ali80

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
the only thing IOBit is doing well these days is their uninstaller program. its a good one, revo of course is better but its not completely free.
their cleaning features is way behind ccleaner+ccenhancer.
registry defraging is a scam, stay away from it imo.
their antivirus feature, you should look at it as just an on-demand scanner with BD engine.
IMO Iobit Uninstaller is crap leaves tons of traces behind after uninstalling, so I switched to advanced uninstaller pro and its free.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
http://blog.kaspersky.co.uk/kavremover-tip/

Personally I am sure
IMO Iobit Uninstaller is crap leaves tons of traces behind after uninstalling, so I switched to advanced uninstaller pro and its free.
IObit is actually an excellent 3rd party Uninstaller.My personal experience with IObit as compared to some others is that it finds and removes more.Back on topic,I am not a fan of ASC or any other similar program.They can do more harm than good and you can accomplish what they claim to do manually.

Reactions: ifacedown

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
@exterminator20-> IOBit Uninstaller 1.0 & 1.1 were the best when comparing latest version and I was disappointed after using IOBit Uninstaller, so I switched to advanced uninstaller pro give it a try.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
http://blog.kaspersky.co.uk/kavremover-tip/

Personally I am sure

IObit is actually an excellent 3rd party Uninstaller.My personal experience with IObit as compared to some others is that it finds and removes more.Back on topic,I am not a fan of ASC or any other similar program.They can do more harm than good and you can accomplish what they claim to do manually.
Yes, just confirmed my convictions. Lots of marketing and it's so popular, BTW.

Reactions: Ali80

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
*Knock on wood* , I have had nothing but good experience with IObit ASC versions 6 and 8. Free and Pro versions, on three different PC's.

There's giveaways often on this software. So it is something to consider for a medium computer knowledge user like myself, basic and advanced probably should skip it.

The ASC Pro helped my start up time improve, things are a bit FASTER not slower. So it's all depending on hardware I guess if will work good or not. If you have Windows 8 or newer, there's no real point, your hardware is new and stable, and probably wont need any tune ups or help.

The tweaks and options seem to agree with my Windows XP, and maybe would also on Vista and 7?

I won't fix registry or drivers with this program though, even if there's a good backup feature. I really like ASC but don't use every function like ''Performance Monitor'', "Auto Care" and "Live Update" etc... I disable these extras and use the ones I want and can be in control of. I do use Homepage and Surfing Protection and System Reinforce etc.

There's also a Privacy cleaner which cleans privacy risks when you close the browser. I just let CCleaner do that one for me, when I delete cookies/cache/junk for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.