Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There's a promotional offer for Amazon Prime (UK) for £59, until 16th May 2016 - for the first year.

You save £20, here are the listed benefits of a Prime (UK) subscription:
  1. Unlimited one-day delivery
  2. Unlimited movie and TV streaming - including The Grand Tour
  3. Unlimited ad-free music streaming
  4. Unlimited online photo storage
  5. Borrow eBooks for no cost
  6. Early access to Lightening deals, 30 minutes before everyone else
Realistically speaking I would only find myself using the top 3 points.

So is Prime worth it or not, and why?

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
There's a promotional offer for Amazon Prime (UK) for £59, until 16th May 2016 - for the first year.

You save £20, here are the listed benefits of a Prime (UK) subscription:
  1. Unlimited one-day delivery
  2. Unlimited movie and TV streaming - including The Grand Tour
  3. Unlimited ad-free music streaming
  4. Unlimited online photo storage
  5. Borrow eBooks for no cost
  6. Early access to Lightening deals, 30 minutes before everyone else
Realistically speaking I would only find myself using the top 3 points.

So is Prime worth it or not, and why?
Thats your choice. If you think you are going to use its full potencial then buy it. They offer you a free 30 days trial. Try it and decide yourself. If you want my opinion it looks great, but i dont use amazon anyway.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Can only speak about the German counterpart, although I'd get some discount as student (24€ with all features already mentioned by you, not speaking about the limited first year free offer), I did not use the offer now.
One day delivery is very nice, but I buy from third-party sellers too (on Amazon), get the package as fast as with Prime usally, otherwise, 2 days with "normal" Amazon delivery are ok. If I really need something next day (seldom), I pay the extra.
Regarding streaming, I thougt about this, but I usually only borrow movies (from time to time, not regularly, and the new one's aren't included in Prime, you still pay for it (Amazon Instant Video). Did not try Netflix and others yet.
Music streaming is done by my Napster account, bundled with my mobile contract at no extra cost. I also prefer mp3 purchases from Amazon, awesome quality. But it might be an option as soon as my current contract runs out.
Photo storage: I use Flickr for sharing photos, 1TB free. Backup on eHDDs (tons of data, Nikon D600...)
eBooks: Tried one out, did not like it, back to good old paper books.
Lightning deals: I'm to bad informed on new products, purchase them when I'm in the market for, use price comparison sites of course :)

@Dani Santos ' input on the 30 days trial is very good, did that too :)

N

Noxx

It's very much worth it for the prime shipping alone. They even had to raise the price of membership because people kept buying so many expensive, particularly heavy items. If you're a FREQUENT customer, you can potentially save hundreds of dollars a year on shipping. However, if you're an infrequent buyer, especially of cheaper items, I don't think it's worth it... unless you exploit their movie streaming services on TOP of frequently buying products. Overall, you get a lot of value with PRIME, whereas with a NETFLIX/HULU membership, you get movies/shows and nothing else for basically the same price plus or minus a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shran

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 19, 2015
Just a note on the first point, Free One Day shipping is only on orders of $35 or more, at least here in the U.S., maybe it applies to all orders regardless of price in the U.K.

But free 2 day shipping is still really nice

A

Alkajak

It's very much worth it for the prime shipping alone.

Word for word what I came here to say.

I got the Prime trial a few months ago and forgot to cancel (that's how they get you, right?). I don't regret paying $90 CAD one bit. I've saved more than that in shipping alone. Everything else is a bonus.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I think it is worth it if you are going to use it. With me I don't think it is worth it because I don't buy much online and watch many movies.

Reactions: frogboy and Ink

randj89

Level 4
Verified
May 7, 2014
Completely worth it! I've had it for quite a while now because I can't wait for the items I buy. But the amazon music and tv I use a lot too. If you like to read Kindle is awesome as well.

N

Noxx

you can get 6 free months of Amazon prime if you're a student. Basically, as long as you have an .edu email address you're good to go. But you need vpn if you are on vacation trip and want to access amazon prime outside USA..

HMA VPN is good option to choose you can read the detail review here.
HideMyAss Review 2016 - Read HMA VPN Benefits

Good share. That's what I used while I was a student. SAVED ME A FORTUNE with school books.

Reactions: DardiM

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well one thing to know is how the services of Amazon performed? That will be the basis on how reliable maybe, even the offers are worth convincing.

If you are fan on reading ebooks and loyal customer of Amazon then it can be worth no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.