Advice Request Is an A750 a good upgrade?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hi all, I was wondering if it is a good upgrade performance wise to replace my current RTX 2060 12gb. I know intel drivers are improving little by little, but what is not at all clear to me, after searching the net, is the true gaming performance at 1440p of the intel arc a750.

Well, if you give me some advice will be welcome.

Thank you very much.

All the best.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
For me, it's too early.

Even if Intel improves its drivers, there are still a number of problems, especially with games that use DirectX 11, where Intel is clearly lagging behind....
For equivalent performance, I'd recommend AMD with a 6700XT/6800XT.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
A few sources I scanned seemed to believe the Arc 750 is a decent "budget" gpu, particularly at 1080p. Here is a comparison of the two you mentioned. UserBenchmark has kind of a lingering bad reputation for past biases in favor of Intel/NVIDIA but has since tried to turn that around.

I believe the rtx 2060 has 6 GB of vram, not 12. The Arc has 8 GB. Nowadays there's a huge debate on how much vram is acceptable in today's more complex games and most enthusiasts start at 16 GB. 8 GB is still within the middle bell curve, maybe for a 2-3 years, depending on what you use it for. It could be just fine for the rest of its natural life for your purposes.

What several sources cite as a downside are the drivers--described often as "buggy." Plus there was a recent disclosure "outing" Intel for enabling telemetry by default without notifying the user. There are other observations in various reviews I read. Here's one:

The Arc 750 would be closely comparable to an rtx 3050 which is a low-end budget card with 8 GB of vram. Most advocate going to the rtx 3060/Ti w/8 GB each or the 4060Ti w/either 8 or 16 GB. Plus the drivers are way more mature than Intel's and the power requirements of 3060 vs 750 are slightly lower. The cost is about 100-150 USD higher though. The 4060Ti actually starts at 400 USD which is almost double the Arc's cost. Sorry, I don't have hands-on exp. w/AMD.

So, overall what I'm seeing is at best, the Arc 750 would be a minor upgrade over the 2060 based on vram and is very budget friendly--starting at around 220 USD.. But the driver thing would personally turn me off. And Intel has already stopped production of the Limited Edition Arc 770, which is never good news for a corporation looking to break into a very tough gpu market.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hello, thank you all very much. I have seen some 3060 at a good price, some vega 56 and some 6600 xt. So for now I'm going to stick with my 2060, until I have enough money for a 6700 xt board a bit upwards.

All the best.

Reactions: simmerskool

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
I believe the rtx 2060 has 6 GB of vram, not 12
1.gif

I'm not unhappy with my current graphics, it's just that I think a r9 3900 would have to have a better graphics. But performance wise, at least on BG3 which is what I'm currently playing, it's doing great.
When I buy a new card, I'll post it here. Thank you very much. Best regards.

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.