Intel’s new ‘Balanced Builds’ let you snap up a cheap gaming PC

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
The most intriguing piece of data I noticed in Shrout’s results was that in-game performance with Intel’s Arc GPUs varied far less based on the processor it was paired with compared to Nvidia’s flagship RTX 4090.

As you can see from the image below, dropping from a top-of-the-line Intel Core i9-13900K - the best processor in the world right now - to the more sensible i7-12700K sees an average FPS drop of as much as 15% - compared to just 3% variation for the Intel Arc A750.
1684485304147.png

Sure, the A750 is never going to beat the RTX 4090 in terms of raw performance - but we’re talking about a $249 GPU versus a $1,599 one here. The bottom line is that the A7 cards can be effectively paired with a cheap Intel i5 CPU without losing more than a few frames-per-second in-game, but opting for anything but the best with your high-end Nvidia card will cost you a lot more in terms of performance.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Even though Intel is like the evil brother to AMD you have to give them credit for trying in the GPU market. Competition is good I just wish it wasn't Intel trying to create a monopoly in both the CPU/GPU market at the same time.

• Love
Reactions: plat and vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.