Compare list
All Anti-Viruses are up for game here.
Platform(s)
  1. Microsoft Windows

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
I'm back at it asking for solution recommendations, again. With my new PC im more of a "Performance Addict" since the boost between my old and new is massive and now I dont struggle to run games (Except for Ark Survival Ascended, that game is so horribly optimized). Currently using Kaspersky w/ Default Deny, am enjoying it, but I'm up for options.

What im looking for:
  • High **Preventative** capabilities. Not detecting malware, but reducing attack surface type stuff - like Default Deny.
  • Great Malware detection capabilities.
  • Light on performance.
While I like security, I dont want it to take a large hit on performance. But, I should list my specs:
RTX 4090, i9-14900k, 64GB RAM, 4TB NVME M.2 Storage.
Would you all recommend other solutions, or that I stay with Kaspersky. Its subscription is ending in around 2 months, so I'd like to begin research as I'm taking security much more seriously.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Like @oldschool that was the first thing that came to my mind. You have had great success and confidence with Kaspersky, why not just stick with it? But I get it, you tend to be curious just like many of us here are :)

Victor M

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Oct 3, 2022
I will ask you a question instead of providing an answer. What does Kaspersky do when an attacker runs a LoLBin ? You already have a default deny setup that denies malware from running. What about Windows exe's being used maliciously. Let me give you an example. SSH, which comes with Windows, can be used to setup a back door.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
I will ask you a question instead of providing an answer. What does Kaspersky do when an attacker runs a LoLBin ? You already have a default deny setup that denies malware from running. What about Windows exe's being used maliciously. Let me give you an example. SSH, which comes with Windows, can be used to setup a back door.
What do you recommend then?

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
What do you recommend then?
You can use
1) Hard configurator with Kaspersky to prevent LoL bins from being exploited.
2) Use Comodo with cruelsis setting with hard configurator
3) install all what you need and create an air gap for your pc
4) stop being highly paranoid and live your life like other people do.Most of the time "I don't care" attitude works better than alprazolam.

Last edited:

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
It's ironic that your hardware setup probably cost $5K to $7K and your using a $10 Kaspersky license to protect your setup. The world has gone mad.

Why not contact Crowdstrike or Carbon Black and ask for a 1 seat managed license? You obviously have the money to waste!

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
You can use
1) Hard configurator with Kaspersky to prevent LoL bins from being exploited.
2) Use Comodo with cruelsis setting with hard configurator
3) install all what you need and create an air gap for your pc
4) stop being highly paranoid and live your life like other people do.Most of the time "I don't care" attitude works better than alprazolam.
What is a Air Gap for my PC
Doesn’t K come with a firewall, so hard configurator wouldn’t do anything?

Reactions: Dave Russo

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
What is a Air Gap for my PC
Doesn’t K come with a firewall, so hard configurator wouldn’t do anything?

Hard_Configurator - Windows Hardening Configurator

Hard_Configurator Recommended Settings explanation

Doesn’t K come with a firewall
Yes it does and HC is not about windows firewall alone it is more about system hardening. Please take time to go through the above links and you will understand.

Last edited:

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023

Yes it does and HC is not about windows firewall alone it is more about system hardening. Please take time to go through the above links and you will understand.
I will a bit later today. Thank you for the information.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023

As a gamer, you can’t just disconnect your computer from the internet.

• Hundred Points
Reactions: LennyFox

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's ironic that your hardware setup probably cost $5K to $7K and your using a $10 Kaspersky license to protect your setup. The world has gone mad.

Why not contact Crowdstrike or Carbon Black and ask for a 1 seat managed license? You obviously have the money to waste!
Parent's credit card. /s

Edit: I have no suggestions, use software you are comfortable with using.

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
As a gamer, you can’t just disconnect your computer from the internet.
Sometimes I feel like disconnecting from the internet isn't a bad idea for someone who is asking the same question 100s of times. Seriously now, all security solutions on earth that exist were recommended to you in the past. There are no more to be mentioned. Gosh, just stick with Kaspersky! 😖

Victor M

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Oct 3, 2022
Xcitium's idea should be easy for you to grasp. You have Default Deny. Now you have Suspicious Virtualize.

Last edited:
Reactions: simmerskool
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.