Platform(s)
  1. Microsoft Windows

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Honestly, WD, uBlock Origin or AdGuard & one of Andy Ful's tools will do you as good as you can get these days. OSArmor or AppGuard are premium extra's that you could also consider but honestly.... The problem is why you want that level of security on a monster gaming PC that cost the equivalent of a nice used car 🚙. You will just get frustrated with security while gaming. Just enjoy the games 🎮! The only thing you really have to worry about is someone infecting your machine with a coin miner, that gpu my god that's a expensive piece if kit.

But hey If you want to trade your beast of a gaming machine I've got 10 year old ThinkPad 💻 that you can really lock down. Consider it a solid offer 🤪!

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
If you don't use pirated games and/or lot's of third party mods for games I wouldn't worry much about it security wise (given you are not hunted by the government :D )
Kaspersky is a more than solid choice and cheap (at least on ebay in my country), why change...
If you want free I would go the Andy Ful road like suggested by others already.

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
1706278806960.png

Just to show the difference in AV memory usage.
This is Norton360 Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.